• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

Since we're on the topic of MAME machines, here's mine. It cost me about $300 to put together and is well worth every penny. I have hundreds of great classics on it, and it looks great on display. Its an old picture, and I've fixed it up alittle more since then.

I'd recommend to anyone looking to get an arcade machine to consider making one of these. All you need is an old, empty cabinet, a tube TV, a decent desktop computer and a couple of other small things. Its a great, fun project.

:applause:

Now show us the rest of the room! (thumbs u

Since we're on the topic of MAME machines, here's mine. It cost me about $300 to put together and is well worth every penny. I have hundreds of great classics on it, and it looks great on display. Its an old picture, and I've fixed it up alittle more since then.

I'd recommend to anyone looking to get an arcade machine to consider making one of these. All you need is an old, empty cabinet, a tube TV, a decent desktop computer and a couple of other small things. Its a great, fun project.

Not yet. I still need to get a couple of grail books before my room is complete.

Lemon - that's awesome. Would anyone like to create a 'recipe' for the perfect MAME machine?

Do you mean hardware or software? Software is easy since its all available online. Hardware just depends on what the person wants to spend, but I can post all the hardware needed if that's what you need. :)

Edited by lemonman5

Not yet. I still need to get a couple of grail books before my room is complete.

I bet your room is currently in a mess hm

What grails are you after?

I only want/need wife 1.0

Be aware, this is NOT an upgrade from girlfriend 9.0.

Wife 1.0 is an Operating System, not an application.

You have been warned.

(NOT RESPONDING)

:preach:Yup and like and operating system watch out for crashes (PMS, pregnancy, menopause etc.) and don't forget the patches (jewelry, cars, clothes) and the security upgrades (forgiveness) but in the end the all the work, attention and time given to maintaining the system will pay off in hugh dividends as the original will always be better than some new fangled glitzy alternative! :sumo:

(NOT RESPONDING)

This is also a very very necessary talent to keeping the operating system functioning well; followed up by chocolates!

I only want/need wife 1.0

Be aware, this is NOT an upgrade from girlfriend 9.0.

Wife 1.0 is an Operating System, not an application.

You have been warned.

(NOT RESPONDING)

:preach:Yup and like and operating system watch out for crashes (PMS, pregnancy, menopause etc.) and don't forget the patches (jewelry, cars, clothes) and the security upgrades (forgiveness) but in the end the all the work, attention and time given to maintaining the system will pay off in hugh dividends as the original will always be better than some new fangled glitzy alternative! :sumo:

(NOT RESPONDING)

This is also a very very necessary talent to keeping the operating system functioning well; followed up by chocolates!
I'm laughing because it's true :roflmao:

I bet your room is currently in a mess hm

What grails are you after?

Not many more. I've knocked out about 10 books in the past 6 months and have another 6 left: Funnies on Parade, Journey into Mystery 83, Showcase 22, Adventure 247, Amazing Fantasy 15 and Hulk 1.

Here's a small preview of the collection. One of the best statues in my collection.

DSC04977.jpg

DSC04981.jpg

I am just starting to put a room together for me. I finally got the centerpiece today!!

(worship)

Really cool!

What year is that?

Thanks - 1980

It was gone over with a fine tooth comb. Its super clean. Im really happy with it.

Next is HULK!

There's a HULK machine up on ebay right now...none of these are as cool as my Bride of Pinbot machine:

david-hart-pinball-machine.jpg

What about the rest of your collection?

I'm not going to post complete collection pictures until I get the grails I mentioned.

I'll show you mine,if you show me yours? (shrug)

This could get interesting hm

:grin:

What about the rest of your collection?

I'm not going to post complete collection pictures until I get the grails I mentioned.

I'll show you mine,if you show me yours? (shrug)

I, at least, have to clean the room first. My displays are being blocked by the mess.