• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,303 posts in this topic

:cloud9:

Your collection (and set-up) always motivates me to work on mine!

Love that Yoda clock!

:o Thanks!!!

I was about to give you a hard time for being a Steelers fan but you more than made up for it with the Fett stuff. Great room man and I agree, the wife is very cool for getting you that!

Steelers fan by proximity only. Just moved to Pitt from Houston...I'm a Texans fan. And yes, the Eagle is a great reminder of Pops. Thanks for the kind words.

I wanna add this bad boy to my comic room. I spent many a quarter when I was a kid, sitting on the Wildwood boardwalk with my friend. Two 20 dollar bills entertained us for hours. lol

ARCADE.jpg

OMG!!!! I played that game a lot at the arcades when I was a kid :grin:

I can't tell how many tokens I dropped in that game in one day lol

Thank god they released it on the PSN :cloud9:

Just get a MAME machine...then you can play pretty much any arcade game imaginable...

How does that work, does it accept Nintindo games or something?

You actually purchase an interface called an iPac. The games are loaded on to a PC. The PC's keyboard actually plugs in to the iPac and the game's buttons are wired in to the other end of the iPac. When you press the buttons and use the joysticks the iPac translates these presses in to keyboard strokes.

I bought a dead arcade cabinet for about $10, gutted it, bondo, sanded, painted, new T-molding, caster wheels, sanded and painted the coin door, installed collapsable drink holders on side, etc. Mounted the PC speakers with accessible volume control. Put together a custom marquee with backlighting. The overlay on the control panel is a checker pattern of Captain America Comics #1-50.

Mine was setup with the standard Street Fighter 6-button setup so that I could play pretty much any game. Some people go crazy with these things setting up rotating panels with different kinds of controls on each side (joystick/buttons, roller ball, steering wheels, etc.)

Had ALOT of fun with this cabinet. Sold it a while back but will be building another in a few years when my oldest can appreciate it.

Just get a MAME machine...then you can play pretty much any arcade game imaginable...

You actually purchase an interface called an iPac. The games are loaded on to a PC. The PC's keyboard actually plugs in to the iPac and the game's buttons are wired in to the other end of the iPac. When you press the buttons and use the joysticks the iPac translates these presses in to keyboard strokes.

I bought a dead arcade cabinet for about $10, gutted it, bondo, sanded, painted, new T-molding, caster wheels, sanded and painted the coin door, installed collapsable drink holders on side, etc. Mounted the PC speakers with accessible volume control. Put together a custom marquee with backlighting. The overlay on the control panel is a checker pattern of Captain America Comics #1-50.

Mine was setup with the standard Street Fighter 6-button setup so that I could play pretty much any game. Some people go crazy with these things setting up rotating panels with different kinds of controls on each side (joystick/buttons, roller ball, steering wheels, etc.)

Had ALOT of fun with this cabinet. Sold it a while back but will be building another in a few years when my oldest can appreciate it.

Cool, Thanks.

Cool, Thanks.

MAME stands for multiple arcade machine emulator. It allows you to load arcade ROMs on your pc. You can get emulators for any video game system home or arcade(mame doesnt load all arcade games), all the way up to ps2 and xbox iirc.

While it is cool as hell, you dont need the cabinet and all that, just a usb joystick for us cheap dorks.

Since we're on the topic of MAME machines, here's mine. It cost me about $300 to put together and is well worth every penny. I have hundreds of great classics on it, and it looks great on display. Its an old picture, and I've fixed it up alittle more since then.

I'd recommend to anyone looking to get an arcade machine to consider making one of these. All you need is an old, empty cabinet, a tube TV, a decent desktop computer and a couple of other small things. Its a great, fun project.

DSC06799.jpg

DSC06800.jpg

DSC06790.jpg

DSC06786.jpg

DSC06808.jpg

Edited by lemonman5

I only want/need wife 1.0

Be aware, this is NOT an upgrade from girlfriend 9.0.

Wife 1.0 is an Operating System, not an application.

You have been warned.

Too freakin' funny. lol

And too freakin' true... :pullhair:

BTW, sweet MAMEs. I've been thinking of doing this now that all 4 of my pinball machines are working nicely (no thanks to me, had to pay someone cuz I can't find the time).

Edited by underthebigw

I only want/need wife 1.0

Be aware, this is NOT an upgrade from girlfriend 9.0.

Wife 1.0 is an Operating System, not an application.

You have been warned.

(NOT RESPONDING)