• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

What about the rest of your collection?

I'm not going to post complete collection pictures until I get the grails I mentioned.

I'll show you mine,if you show me yours? (shrug)

I, at least, have to clean the room first. My displays are being blocked by the mess.

You see, this could be a good thing, you get to clean house and we get to google at your collection :grin:

What about the rest of your collection?

I'm not going to post complete collection pictures until I get the grails I mentioned.

I'll show you mine,if you show me yours? (shrug)

I, at least, have to clean the room first. My displays are being blocked by the mess.

You see, this could be a good thing, you get to clean house and we get to google at your collection :grin:

Fine here are 2 more pictures to hold you off. The rest will have to wait. :lol:

DSC05048.jpg

DSC05051.jpg

\

ComicBookRoom3.jpg

Is that cabinet in between those display shelves from ComicCubes.com?

Yes, It was my B-Day present last year!!

If you don't mind me asking, how's the quality? And is there anyway you can take an open picture of it? Thanks! Your room looks awesome!

Edited by Dark Knight Ops

\

ComicBookRoom3.jpg

Is that cabinet in between those display shelves from ComicCubes.com?

Yes, It was my B-Day present last year!!

If you don't mind me asking, how's the quality? And is there anyway you can take an open picture of it? Thanks! Your room looks awesome!

Yes, please! And if anyone else has these what do you think?? I checked out their web-site and I'm seriously considering picking up one of these!

The build quality is great! The drawers work great a little tight for the CGC in Mylar because the Mylar bags are not form fitting. Work great with HotFlips bags if you use them over Mylar. No complaints from me will buy again but thinking of trying one of these cabinets next: http://geek-design.net/

Here is my order details lots of upgrades!

Two CGC sized Classic City Cubes in Red Oak ($220/ea.)

One regular sized Classic City Cube in Red Oak ($200/ea.)

Pull P7 Dark Burnished Antique Copper

One 1-wide countertop ($50/ea.)

One 1-wide baseplate ($50/ea.)

Golden Oak Stain will be applied at a 10% fee

A water-based polyurethane finish will be applied at no extra charge.

Total: $930.00 (with shipping) very expensive but it was a birthday present! :banana:

ComicLoftDecorforNewYears2012019.jpg

ComicLoftDecorforNewYears2012018.jpg

Awesome cabinet, I've been eyeing those as well. How many CGC'd books will it fit?

Here's an e-mail I got back from Comic Cubes answering some of my questions... I think I'm going to get me one!

Thank you for your interest in Comic Cubes!

The outside dimensions of the 2x3 CGC Condo are about 51" tall x 24" wide x 21" deep. The biggest difference between the Metro and the Classic is the type of material that is used. The Metro is made of melamine and the Classic is made of cabinet grade plywood and solid wood drawer fronts. The countertop on the Classic also as solid wood around 3 sides and a decorative edge is applied. The last big difference is that the Classic has a piece of base molding applied to the bottom of the cabinet to give it more of a piece of furniture look.

The 4x2 CGC Condo is around 35" tall x 48" wide x 21" deep. The construction is the same as the 2x3. The Condos are not designed to be stacked although you could put them on top of each other if you wanted. However it would a little difficult to access the top drawer. I'm not sure I would recommend it.

Shipping for the 4x2 Condo would around $384.00. These Condos weigh about 250 lbs.

All of our drawers are the same size and they will hold around 150 comics with bags and boards or about 42 CGC graded comics.

The laser engraving can only be done on the wood (Classic) drawer fronts. We recommend doing this on the maple or the cherry for best results. When the wood is engraved it reveals a nice rich brown color and it shows up the best on these two species.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask or if you would like to place an order I would be happy to help you with that process as well. May I ask you how you heard about us?

Thanks so much,

Adam

The one I purchased are the "City" Cube, which are wider but narrower so that it fit behind my door. Their website goes over the dimensions and I found Adam very easy to work with. Even switch to water based poly, I sent him a sheet from a conservation site that recommended it for added protection of the comics from the off gassing. Of course oak is one of the worse offenders but it is what I wanted, so hopefully I mitigated some of the detrimental effects with the water based poly.

The one I purchased are the "City" Cube, which are wider but narrower so that it fit behind my door. Their website goes over the dimensions and I found Adam very easy to work with. Even switch to water based poly, I sent him a sheet from a conservation site that recommended it for added protection of the comics from the off gassing. Of course oak is one of the worse offenders but it is what I wanted, so hopefully I mitigated some of the detrimental effects with the water based poly.

Looks awesome (thumbs u

which drawer is the "regular sized" one? I cant see a difference between the three.

Glad to hear Comic Cubes worked out! Someday I hope to get some nicer storage and get rid of my damn ugly white cardboard boxes. I didn’t know about Geek Design, thanks for the link. I just found this guy: Stan Pike Designs. I thought his look pretty nice as well.

I have been eyeing up Stan Pikes's stuff for a while now, but reside the wrong side of the pond.

Oh hum... :pullhair:

which drawer is the "regular sized" one? I cant see a difference between the three.

Top drawer is regular size. If I buy again I would get all CGC size that way all the books with and without encapsulation would fit.