• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

Thanks you two!!

I definitely have some different stories and fond memories, via these expeditions and experiences.

As for now, our 11 month old is hating life due his teething like a banshee. The Wifey informed me, "Your turn."

Night

Hey,

I have a 2.5 yr and a 3 month old and the 'Your turn' is a killer... :angel:

The tone of who it's said at times is the clincher.

I remember those days.

I was an odd duck as I looked forward to carrying them all night.

I spent many a night with my son on the running dryer at 3 AM and me nodding off while leaning on the laundry room sink.

lol

Thanks you two!!

I definitely have some different stories and fond memories, via these expeditions and experiences.

As for now, our 11 month old is hating life due his teething like a banshee. The Wifey informed me, "Your turn."

Night

Hey,

I remember those days.

I spent many a night with my son on the running dryer at 3 AM and me nodding off while leaning on the laundry room sink.

lol

Roy I always surmised you were a helleva good Dad. Now its confirmed. lol! Luckily both our Sprouts didn't need the dryer or bathroom fans. But Cooper and Daddy have done a few drives around the neighborhood late night lately.

IMG_2853.jpg

Eric, these two lions together reminded me of the Tsavo man-eaters at the Chicago Field Museum that were the basis for the movie "The Ghost and the Darkness" - though your specimens look a whole lot - well - healthier.

I found out years later in reading up on the topic the lions had been cut into carpets, and when they were finally reassembled the museum had to put a lot of work into making them as whole as could be achieved. In their case, the two were maneless.

"The Ghost" and "The Darkness" were fairly large for lions from the descriptions, as one was reported to be over 9 feet long from his nose to the tip of his tail, while an average lion is 8 feet long.

Not that I do much reading on the subject. :blush:

Nick my man, the infamous Tsavo lions, were indeed a ratty looking duo alive and dead. The no-mane look they sported - added to thier sickly look! The first one Patterson shot was indeed a very long lion, yes over 9 feet.

Nick if you are interested in this subject. You HAVE to read this journal of "East African Natural History" Its from 2001 and it puts a lot into perspective and debunks a lot of theories.

Journal of the Tsavo area and its lions

Thanks you two!!

Night

Hey,

I remember those days.

lol

Roy I always surmised you were a helleva good Dad. Now its confirmed. lol! Luckily both our Sprouts didn't need the dryer or bathroom fans. But Cooper and Daddy have done a few drives around the neighborhood late night lately.

I managed to avoid drives around the block, although I did sing a lot in the basement.

:facepalm:

I do like the collection room and would gladly have one with as much leather and wood. I do not, however, condone the killing of such majestic animals as lions nor keeping their corpses and body parts as mementos and decoration. To me that detracts from the home but my father was an avid hunter so I understand it to a degree. I am not attempting to judge, this is just a personal preference I suppose. My father exposed me to hunting and it wasn't my bag. To each his own.

Aside from that I do think you have a nice home and, were it mine, would spend a great deal of time hunting down just the right antique furniture to decorate.

For Shaven Kev and Shooty Dog:

I TOTALLY understand your thoughts and beliefs. Its not a lifestyle or look for everyone - by any means. No hard feelings on my end, I just appreciate how both of you were respectful and kind in your posts. Much obliged. (worship)

You know, the whole lot of funny book forum are good people.

We might not all be brethrens. Like any persons of society, all of us differ in countless ways.

But.....all of us Boardies at least share a passion for the fondness of reading, collecting and appreciating comics. Pretty cool stuff. (thumbs u

(I should stay out of General for a spell to maintain this warm and fuzzy feeling)

Eric, these two lions together reminded me of the Tsavo man-eaters at the Chicago Field Museum that were the basis for the movie "The Ghost and the Darkness" - though your specimens look a whole lot - well - healthier.

I found out years later in reading up on the topic the lions had been cut into carpets, and when they were finally reassembled the museum had to put a lot of work into making them as whole as could be achieved. In their case, the two were maneless.

"The Ghost" and "The Darkness" were fairly large for lions from the descriptions, as one was reported to be over 9 feet long from his nose to the tip of his tail, while an average lion is 8 feet long.

Not that I do much reading on the subject. :blush:

Nick my man, the infamous Tsavo lions, were indeed a ratty looking duo alive and dead. The no-mane look they sported - added to thier sickly look! The first one Patterson shot was indeed a very long lion, yes over 9 feet.

Nick if you are interested in this subject. You HAVE to read this journal of "East African Natural History" Its from 2001 and it puts a lot into perspective and debunks a lot of theories.

Journal of the Tsavo area and its lions

Saved for reading. Thank you!

I TOTALLY understand your thoughts and beliefs. Its not a lifestyle or look for everyone - by any means. No hard feelings on my end, I just appreciate how both of you were respectful and kind in your posts. Much obliged. (worship)

We might not all be brethrens. Like any persons of society, all of us differ in countless ways.

But.....all of us Boardies at least share a passion for the fondness of reading, collecting and appreciating comics. Pretty cool stuff. (thumbs u

(I should stay out of General for a spell to maintain this warm and fuzzy feeling)

Nice pad, even though you choose to root for that krappy hockey team of yours. :baiting:

Nice pad, even though you choose to root for that krappy hockey team of yours. :baiting:

Thank-you my man.

I don't care what they say about you.........

I think you're good people!! :foryou:

(I need to get in the pool again. You do know who Melrose picked this year......right? :baiting: Isn't he 5 for 6 the past years?)

Bumblebee Tuna!!

That movie was a riot!! (pretty much know it by heart!!)

I was actually surprised no Boardie replied, "This is a lovely room of death." lol!!!

Thanks for posting the pics of your house. You have a beautiful home!