• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

I don't think sunlight has to be in direct contact with a book in order for it to fade (yellows and reds go first). There have been many cases of "wall books" from comic shops that have fading.

But, your room- Your call ;) As I said, that's a great setup.

I don't think sunlight has to be in direct contact with a book in order for it to fade (yellows and reds go first). There have been many cases of "wall books" from comic shops that have fading.

Yeah even that indirect sunlight is going to fade those books in time. doh!

Well i guess thats the price to pay for having books on display. But comics are meant to be looked at not hidden in a dark box somewhere. Ill take my chances :)

Well i guess thats the price to pay for having books on display. But comics are meant to be looked at not hidden in a dark box somewhere. Ill take my chances :)

They are your books.I don't care what you do with them,just thought I would give my two cents. (shrug)

They are your books.I don't care what you do with them,just thought I would give my two cents. (shrug)

Scan book, print off scan, frame scan, hang scan, WIN

In my office there is a sliver of direct sunlight coming in the room, even with the blackout shades down. To add a little more protection, I had UV blocking film put on the window. Does not completely negate the UV, but reduces it significantly. Along with rotating the books every two weeks or so, it should keep the fading down to a minimum.

Scan book, print off scan, frame scan, hang scan, WIN

That's what I would do. I would just love to have a room like that period.

And now...with more effort on my part, I present Comic Diva's Comic Cave 3.0

Cave301_zps4b6e4d22.jpg

Cave302_zpscd4350c9.jpg

Cave303_zps608caf80.jpg

Cave304_zpsbf280afa.jpg

Cave306_zpsd564d2c3.jpg

Cave305_zpsbc8aa83a.jpg

Cave307_zpsef546ded.jpg

Cave308_zpsd1ba79d7.jpg

Cave309_zpsc891bba1.jpg

Awesome room. I really like the Superman on the ceiling. nice touch, and great looking space!!

Holy Fantasy Lair Batman..... thats Amazing !! Great room :applause: