• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAW SPidermAN 3 WHO saw??

183 posts in this topic

Once again, I enjoyed the film for what it was...a comic book movie. I went in with no expectaions other than wanting to be entertained. I loved the take on Sandman, very well fleshed out..well acted . The only slightly critical thing I can think of is that Kirsten Dunst is quite lucky to have landed this role, which she plays well. I had no problem sitting through the slower, more thoughtful scenes as well as the goofball scenes. Toby McGuire is a much better actor than the part requires as is most everyone else in the film, with one or two exceptions. I guess I could wonder how many fine independent films could have been made with the budget, but it's not my money and perhaps people associated with the film will go on to produce and direct smaller projects.It was worth every penny of the 5.75 ticket price.

I predict Spidey 4 will change directors and main actors.

I too believe this was Raimi's swan song. I think all he wanted to do from the start was a

trilogy. And I feel that the main actors pete and mj will be replaced.

And that wouldn't hurt my feelings if that happened.

Eventhough I found a way to enjoy SM3, I still would like

a more flushed out realism like batman begins.

If I could see a freshness evolve like the new James Bond series

I would do backflips.

thumbsup2.gif

Most underrated character in this movie: Ursula Ditkovitch.

I loved the scene where Peter is on the phone with Dr Connors and he is asking her to bake more cookies ... with the nuts in them.

It was a fun movie... my only complaint: a little too much crying on Peter's part!

Bill

Saw it, liked it better than 2. Enjoyed it immensly. Wasn't perfect. Great wrapup on Goblin saga, and nice send-off if principles decide to call it quits.

One question: How are the special effects involving Sandman?

LOVED them. Thought they were spot on.

And let me add one more opinion. Ten years ago, when talk of Spidey movies was in the air, I told a buddy that the one thing they had to get right was the speed of these fights. How unbelieveably fast Spidey is. With this third movie, I was overwhelmed by the fightscenes. All six of them!!!!!

I just came back from the movie and WOW ,from the first to the third it has been a great ride that Raimi and company have weaved.I can only speak for my own opinion but this trilogy is a keeper.... popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif out of 5..... takeit.gif

saw it-got a few chuckles- weak story and a bit of a mess as others have said! It was definitely missing something plus i always felt the sandman was just a mug that had "a lotta livin' to do" once he gets some hands on some cash so tweaking him into a tragic/sympathetic character didn't really work for me! harry would have been a lot cooler if he wore the green goblin outfit and glider from the original movie but that's a minor point.

here's to hoping the next film will be a spiderman begins type of film set in the 60's with real web shooters and a real -script. i think it will be the lizard next though as they have been setting that one up for some time!

I saw the movie this morning, and for me it entertained nicely. Yes, there's lots of personal conflicts, love entanglements and the like...but isn't that part of what makes Peter Parker so real to us...because he has problems like "real people"? I didn't think the ending was drawn out, and the story kept at a very nice pace--but to be honest I felt there was too much to cover. To my chagrin I do believe Raimi finally succeeded in making Spider-man a "chick flick".

** SPOILERS **

The Travolta scene was hilarious (remember "Raindrops" from SM2?)...I loved Bruce of course...the evolving Peter with the symbiote didn't flesh out as well as I had hoped, and the MJ threat by Harry was a hole (but one I forgive). I was ok with the self reflection of Parker in this movie, as it's continuing to show his humility and maturity.

The biggest kudos should go to making Sandman interwoven with Parker's life...it added to the tension and provided a venue for Parker's revenge with the symbiote.

It was a fine finish to the trilogy. Not perfect, but damn good for a third movie. It easily met my expectations (which were on par with the last one). Well worth the $5.

Most underrated character in this movie: Ursula Ditkovitch.

I loved the scene where Peter is on the phone with Dr Connors and he is asking her to bake more cookies ... with the nuts in them.

I agree. I thought Parker was being a bit sadistic, knowing that she would do anything to please him.

I saw the movie this morning, and for me it entertained nicely. Yes, there's lots of personal conflicts, love entanglements and the like...but isn't that part of what makes Peter Parker so real to us...because he has problems like "real people"? I didn't think the ending was drawn out, and the story kept at a very nice pace--but to be honest I felt there was too much to cover. To my chagrin I do believe Raimi finally succeeded in making Spider-man a "chick flick".

** SPOILERS **

The Travolta scene was hilarious (remember "Raindrops" from SM2?)...I loved Bruce of course...the evolving Peter with the symbiote didn't flesh out as well as I had hoped, and the MJ threat by Harry was a hole (but one I forgive). I was ok with the self reflection of Parker in this movie, as it's continuing to show his humility and maturity.

The biggest kudos should go to making Sandman interwoven with Parker's life...it added to the tension and provided a venue for Parker's revenge with the symbiote.

It was a fine finish to the trilogy. Not perfect, but damn good for a third movie. It easily met my expectations (which were on par with the last one). Well worth the $5.

this sums up very well my thoughts on the movie.

I'm just gonna agree with all of the above and toast to my own laziness.

I am contemplating taking my 5 year old and 3 year old to see it. How is the violence and language in this movie? At PG 13 I am concerned about him seeing it. I know a few of you took your kids. I am not a prude, by any means but I am a little concerned about a PG 13 movie for my 5 year old. I doubt my 3 year old will go.

I'm still going to wait until the crowds are done. I just can't enjoy the movie with that many kids :\ It'd be like watching Shrek with my 5 nephews, 'AHAHAHAHAH' for the entire length jebus.

Pretty damn good box office for a movie a lot of critics and fanboys slamed. 893applaud-thumb.gif

you gotta remember people dumped all over Pirates 2 last year too,

but it set records as well...

I can just see the thought process happening now.

"Honey, are you still taking Michael and his three friends to see Spider Man tonight?"

" NO Dear, I saw on Rottentomatoes that this is easily the worst reviewed of the three, so we're going bowling instead."

Yea, that probably happened a million or so times.

tongue.gif

The critics did slam Pirates 2 last year. And in my opinion the critics were wrong about Pirates 2 the same way the are wrong about Spidey 3. Of course I am not expecting oscar performances from super-hero or action adventure movies that some seem to be. Spidey 3 is definitely in the top 5 super-hero movies in my opinion. I liked it better than Spidey 1 & 2. Definitely head and shoulders above Daredevil, Hulk, Fantastic Four and Superman Returns.

Pirates II was trash. I enjoyed Spidey 3 almost as much as the recent King Kong mega-budget movie by that Lord of the Rings director. IMO, Spidey 2 with Doc Ock was the best of the trilogy so far. Spider-man 1 movie in 2nd place.