• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAW SPidermAN 3 WHO saw??

183 posts in this topic

3 stars. The 3rd best of the 3 too! It is a good movie but Venom sandman and goblin jr just could not match the villianess of Doc oct or The origanal Green goblin.

The potential was there but they couldnt pull it off.I mean, I loved 2 of the 3 villians at the end.They were really nice guys?Great Great Special effects really helped support a somewhat weaker storyline.I dont want to explain to much since it just came out.

I just saw it on Friday night and I have to agree with one of the critics. The movie bounces around too much for me. First it's Harry (as the new Green Goblin), then it's Sandman, then Eddie Brock (who later becomes Venom), then Harry has amnesia and he and Spidey are buddies again, then the Sandman again......you get the idea. I liked all of the action but I'd have to rate this the worst of the 3 movies so far. And I'm a BIG Spidey fan.

If a Spidey 4 comes out I think the villain (hopefully there's only one) should be the Vulture. Heck, he was in issue #2 and we haven't even seen him yet? Two other good ones would be either The Lizard or Electro.

Have to agree with A1K with regards to the weaker storyline as I watched it Friday night but the special effects on Venom made him a good addition to the movie. Sandman's end shinnanigans was just a writeoff. Harry's part became an interesting twist but good to lay to rest that part of the story. I could write alot but who's gonna read it all. I liked Gwen Stacy but a little late to pull her in.

I think the movie would have been better if they didn't include Sandman. Not that he was bad, but I just think it wasn't needed. Sure, they tied him into the whole idea that "everyone needs help sometime" motif. But it was too late and too little.

Saw it tonight, not as bad as critics were saying. I thought Venom was great. I always like to see how they incorporate characters from the series into the movies. I was hoping they'd finally introduce Doc Conners as the Lizard. Maybe Spidey 4.

thumbsup2.gif

I just saw it on Friday night and I have to agree with one of the critics. The movie bounces around too much for me. First it's Harry (as the new Green Goblin), then it's Sandman, then Eddie Brock (who later becomes Venom), then Harry has amnesia and he and Spidey are buddies again, then the Sandman again......you get the idea. I liked all of the action but I'd have to rate this the worst of the 3 movies so far. And I'm a BIG Spidey fan.

If a Spidey 4 comes out I think the villain (hopefully there's only one) should be the Vulture. Heck, he was in issue #2 and we haven't even seen him yet? Two other good ones would be either The Lizard or Electro.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Robert De Niro as the Vulture.

Bad with a capital "B". Sandman and Gwen Stacey were pointless characters. Remove them from their scenes, and not much would have been missed. The guy playing the new Green Goblin acted so poorly. I know he was trying to show a change from friend to foe, but it was really bad. Venom was cool as the villian, but Topher was so-so and the 1/2-Topher-1/2 Venom was really lame.

Not even a challenge, definitely the worst of the three. I couldn't wait for it to end.

Pat

I thought it was a great movie; I'd give it four stars easy.

I am the only one who took Stan Lee's line about how "one man can make a difference" as being an intentional put down of Steve Ditko?

Huh? Doubt he meant that.

the following is from someone who is of the opinion that Spider-Man #2 was nearly perfect and that Sam Raimi could do no wrong. $400-500mm box office, i don't care. Spidey 3 was cringe inducing. This was not bad in a Batman & Robin way but it was closer than i ever imagined possible. Did they purposely throw the source material out the window?

Spoiler alerts:

1)MJ singing

2)the symbiote just happens to land within 100 yards of Peter and Mary Jane?

3)Sandman killed Ben Parker- why?

4)Goblin's temporary memory loss- wonder where that plot device is going?

5)Peter Parker feeling IT- this was when i wanted to crawl under my seat

6)Parker in the jazz club- embarassing

7)Goblin's now a good guy?

8)Sandman & Spidey in tears?- thank god it's nearly over.

9)More MJ singing- please roll the credits

the following is from someone who is of the opinion that Spider-Man #2 was nearly perfect and that Sam Raimi could do no wrong. $400-500mm box office, i don't care. Spidey 3 was cringe inducing. This was not bad in a Batman & Robin way but it was closer than i ever imagined possible. Did they purposely throw the source material out the window?

Spoiler alerts:

1)MJ singing

2)the symbiote just happens to land within 100 yards of Peter and Mary Jane?

3)Sandman killed Ben Parker- why?

4)Goblin's temporary memory loss- wonder where that plot device is going?

5)Peter Parker feeling IT- this was when i wanted to crawl under my seat

6)Parker in the jazz club- embarassing

7)Goblin's now a good guy?

8)Sandman & Spidey in tears?- thank god it's nearly over.

9)More MJ singing- please roll the credits

You forgot the Spidey landing and running in front of a huge American flag scene. frustrated.giftongue.gif

I still loved it. I know the whole plot wouldn't have worked without a half dozen coincedences but I still loved it. My wife loved it and she doesn't like comics. My son loved it and he only likes TinTin. My nephew loved it and he's probably never read a comic book in his life. My niece loved it and she's a teenage gurl.

It was no Casablanca but we have to remember the old Hollywood dictum, "Spoon has it's own integrity". Didn't you love the fights with Sandman? And howzabout the way Harry turns it all around? And the way Sandman becomes Sandman? And the sleezeball slumlord and his skinny daughter? And the fights in mid air? And the big tongue coming out of the black monster (is that Venom-- I haven't followed the comic recently)? Or Peter shoving the slimey reporter up against the wall just like he deserved? Or everything J.Jonah Jameson did? Or the scene in the restaurant? Or the people in the theatre whispering up and down the rows when Stan Lee came on? And everything else, too!!!!!

This film will be in theatres forever!!