• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art appreciation thread

629 posts in this topic

I'm going to post this one again here just in case Stevie B's upstart OA thread fails to gain traction! Bought this from SB himself last week...Greg Land pencils, Jay Leisten inks from Sojourn #28, pages 2-3.

852671-Land%2520Sojourn%252028%2520p%25202-3.jpg

589a8b2353411_852671-Land20Sojourn202820p202-3.jpg.0aa8ee4412f51d1df5977b74b2431971.jpg

delekkreste- Beautiful piece thumbsup2.gif

I love the artwork from Sojourn. Is it readily available or already locked away in collections? Any specific dealers or agents who handle Land's artwork?

Thanks! Greg is repped by Tom Fleming, who is a great guy that I have dealt with on many occasions (both for Land's artwork and Warren Vampirella artwork, which he and I share a passion for). You can check out his inventory of Land's work at: www.fanfare-se.com

I have also bought pages directly from Greg and his inker, Jay Leisten, in the past, but since CrossGen went under, I don't have their current e-mail addresses. I know Jay posts on the ComicArt-L list frequently and I think he might be repped by the same people who rep Rob_React (that could be a figment of my imagination, but I vaguely recall that - you can PM Rob for more info).

From Free Comic Book Day, two sketches. First, for my wife, from Astonishing Stories artist Steve Conley:

zatannadiane.jpg

And then, for my son, from Frank Cho:

x23thomas.jpg

Well I finally made my first OA purchase. This was a piece that I've looked at over a year and was almost wishing someone else would buy so it wouldn't tempt me anymore. It is a great full page Dracula by one of my favorite artists Pablo Marcos and I simply love it! cloud9.gif I always liked his horror work and the details in this piece are wonderful, right down to the use of his own fingerprints used to create gradients in the ink. Can't wait to frame it!

950331-PabloDrac.jpg

950331-PabloDrac.jpg.1640e0881820eaa0b47ac87f97032cf6.jpg

Pablo Marcos used to do a lot of work on Savage Sword of Conan. He loves to draw figures looming over the viewer, except that he never really got the hang of anatomical perspective from that view. So a lot of his figures looks kinda misshapen. But shroud the figure in a cloak and black shadows, and his Dracula image is a MASTERPIECE!

Examples:

b&wcap.jpg

wwcolor.jpg