• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art appreciation thread

629 posts in this topic

WOW. I like the Frightful 4, even Paste Pot Pete in all his glory.

thanks and thanks to F4F....I liked it because it has heroes/villians/a fight and big panels.... cloud9.gif

kirby_page_gman.jpg

And not just any fight...

A Medusa/Sue catfight! cloud9.gif

that PCR piece back a page or two is just ILL...PCR is just so terribly and unjustly underrated by the masses...

i'd love to see a PCR Dr. Strange miniseries

Anybody else read The Walking Dead? I just picked this page from #2 up from Tony Moore.

walking_dead_2_p12.jpg

893whatthe.gif I've been wanting to pick up some of his stuff! Where'd you get it? Directly from him? At a show?

SWEET page, btw!!!!!!!!! hail.gif

His "Sales Manager" (*cough*girlfriend*cough*), Kara Fairfield handles all the art sales. He's a little too expensive honestly, but I couldnt pass that page up.

Here's my second choice - the cover to the upcoming #17. Unfortunately, the asking price was about 3x what I paid for my page...

wd17.jpg

Here's the stuff I picked up at the Dallas ComicCon...

James O'Barr - Detective #31 cover recreation

JamesOBarr_Detective_31.jpg

Captain America Annual #5, p.44 - Gene Colan

CaptainAmericaAnnual_v1_i5_p44.jpg

Bonus art on the back...

CaptainAmericaAnnual_v1_i5_p44_bk.jpg

Wrightson Demon - 11x14, pencil on light paper

BerniWrightson_Demon_01.jpg

Wrightson Vampire - 11x14, pencil on light paper

BerniWrightson_Vampire.jpg

Sweet Wrightson sketches. Did he do them for you or did you buy them from a dealer?

He was there at the show but not doing sketches. He brought 3 portfolios of completed work with him -- $100 - $5000. These sketches were on the lower end but IMO much better than a lot of the more expensive stuff.

Here's my latest. I got this one from a Comicart-l member.

I've been looking for a nice Sandman page for a long time and this one has Morpheus in every panel, Destruction and the Corinthian.

It's by Jill Thompson and Vince Locke from the Brief Lives arc. Sorry about the glare, I havent been able to take my own pic of it yet:

724223-sandman.jpg

724223-sandman.jpg.3c46fe90a8dfb4d08073c6bdf8f2024f.jpg