• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,059 posts in this topic

Hepcat probably has a stash of JLA 1s... hm

Only one, and it's not as nice as the one under discussion.

:(

Here are scans of a couple other ones I have though featuring Professor Amos Fortune's Royal Flush Gang:

15-10-201145644PM.jpg

15-10-201145648PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

There was some serious bidding going on last night.

I was keyed in on a couple of JLAs in particular and just couldn't get it done in either case.

I wasn't bidding on the ones Tim mentioned, but #29 in particular was REALLY wanted by someone.as they ripped it from my grip in the last few seconds doh!

Oh well, I'm sure another one will come along sooner or later.

Oh well, I'm sure another one will come along sooner or later.

#29 is a typically impossible book in high grade. I sold the second 9.4 about 5 years ago when someone popped my "Buy It Now" on Comiclink within a matter of 2 hours at $1600 (I think).

That there are only 3 9.4 copies and 1 9.6 even after all this time is pretty interesting.

Tim, you didn't offer a counter-reason for the bidding war...?

And don't say JLA collectors are dummies! that's too easy.

Rick

PS: No, I can't take any credit for the upswings; I'm still holding out for a decent JLA #1.

I can`t think of any reason why anyone would bid up 28 and 32, except that the winner and underbidders are dummies. (shrug)

Perhaps they just got caught up in the "fever" of the auction - all it takes is 2 people who want those issues to drive up the price.

I purchased a #28 a few months back in the same grade for well under half what was paid this time around - but I really think that with the high grades of other issues in the auction that it actually drove up the price.

Besides, unless issues are added between now and the next auction on Jan 11/12, there is nothing of interest to bid on Comiclink next time around.

Perhaps they just got caught up in the "fever" of the auction - all it takes is 2 people who want those issues to drive up the price.

The fact that it only takes two is usually the answer to why prices get to silly levels.

:preach:

Edited by Hepcat