• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wee people in comics
1 1

57 posts in this topic

Can anyone think of any wee people/little people/migdets that have ever been in comic books as super heroes/villains?

The only one I can think of is Puck from Alpha Flight.

And Wolverine(if you consider him a midget)

Well there was Fusion, the twin midgets from ASM, along with the Man-Killer (?), one of Korvac's tiny cronies, from GS Defenders when they took part in another of the Grandmaster's games (and he later appeared in a Thor Annual).

Puck's the only 100% human, non-mutated, non-alien one I can think of though.

Etta Candy from the golden age Wonder Woman books was half the size of all the other characters in height, but was overweight (two unheard of things at once: a woman who is overweight and underheight). She was actually very heroic, too, as she saved WW more than once. She led the Holiday Girls (a group of girls from Holiday college) on many an adventure.

And then there was one of WW's villains from the 60's: Mouse Man! He was 6" tall and dressed like a mouse.

-- Joanna

Bronze Avengers fans may remember Tom Thumb, an almost pathetic character from the Squadron Supreme battles in issues #143-149 or so (1976). I remember that he and his cronies (Capt Hawk?? Amphibion?? confused.gif ) fought the Beast and Hellcat in issue #148....

(pause)

I just found the comic. This is classic writing (Engelhart), so I thought I'd share:

Tom Thumb: "You giant fool! All my life, I've used my brain to make up for my height, but you want to feel my power, you will! You probably don't see the advantage I have in being small ---"

To which the Beast, holding Tom's head at arm's length while the little guy flails away feebly with his little arms, responds: "You're right, grumpy - I don't - and by the way, who're you calling a giant??" BONK!

Sighhh...they don't write dwarfs or midgets like they used to..... grin.gif

Dan

You mean Pip the troll !

How could I have forgotten about him smile.gif

Don't really think he classifies as a villain, he did open a can of whoop- on Thanos during one of the Infinity crossovers...

What about Oberon from Justice League International/America/Europe/International Again/ Task Force/ WhatTheHellWereTheyThinkingAnyway? Didn't he have some torrid affair with Fire, the flame-belching-green-haired-latent-lesbian?

Well, he was a dwarf, but we are apparently tossing dwarves in with the "midget" crowd. (Did I just say "tossing dwarves"?)

-Logan

16 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i hear rumor that the rebooted Daredevil is no longer going to be blind ,.. but instead will be a midget .....

I can't see that happening.