• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

Does anybody know what happened to the Pre-Hero White Mountains? I havent seen any for sale anywhere (shrug)

Bob Overstreet once had tons of them in his collection but sold them off quite a few years ago. As a matter of fact, a fellow boardie and friend was able to secure a bunch of them as well. They do come up for sale every once in awhile though.

Actually Metropolis has a bunch for sale right now.

Jim

Does anybody know what happened to the Pre-Hero White Mountains? I havent seen any for sale anywhere (shrug)

Bob Overstreet once had tons a short box or two of them in his collection but sold them off quite a few years ago[/s in 1995]. As a matter of fact, a fellow boardie and friend was able to secure a bunch of them as well. They do come up for sale every once in awhile though.

Jim

:whistle:

PreHeroGroupSmall.jpg

Bob Overstreet once had tons a short box or two of them in his collection but sold them off quite a few years ago[/s in 1995]. As a matter of fact, a fellow boardie and friend was able to secure a bunch of them as well. They do come up for sale every once in awhile though.

Jim

:whistle:

PreHeroGroupSmall.jpg

:o :o (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) Gotta love the monster books!!!!

Time to bump this thread up with a new purchase

WMNickFury4.jpg

Thanks to Roy Delic, for giving me a call and telling me that Doug put this up for sale on Pedigree last Friday night. I was in Ohio for the show, and Roy called me Saturday morning to see if I had seen it.

I passed on this book last May when it was up for Auction on Heritage, as Nick isn't technically a superhero but I figured it has been awhile since I bought a WM, and it is such a classic Steranko cover, that it would look pretty good in the collection.

Jim

Sweet copy Jim!! When I saw that this book had sold on Pedigree, I was hoping it was to you. Now the door is wide open for Fury books!! :baiting:

Time to bump this thread up with a new purchase

WMNickFury4.jpg

Thanks to Roy Delic, for giving me a call and telling me that Doug put this up for sale on Pedigree last Friday night. I was in Ohio for the show, and Roy called me Saturday morning to see if I had seen it.

I passed on this book last May when it was up for Auction on Heritage, as Nick isn't technically a superhero but I figured it has been awhile since I bought a WM, and it is such a classic Steranko cover, that it would look pretty good in the collection.

Jim

Sweet copy Jim!! When I saw that this book had sold on Pedigree, I was hoping it was to you. Now the door is wide open for Fury books!! :baiting:

Had to go with the classic cover but I sure don't hope the Strange Tales Fury/Dr. Strange books start showing up as I'd really have to consider those doh!

Jim

Well another one of these pesky little critters showed up on my doorstep today.

WMST124.jpg

It's probably one of the nicest 9.0's that I've seen in a long while and am trying to figure out why it got hammered so much. Oh well, I'll take...it must be one of those newer slabs that apparently Mark H. has been hammering :) Keep hammering, please keep hammering. I'll buy every 9.0 on the planet that looks like this.

Jim

WMST124.jpg

It's probably one of the nicest 9.0's that I've seen in a long while and am trying to figure out why it got hammered so much. Oh well, I'll take...it must be one of those newer slabs that apparently Mark H. has been hammering :) Keep hammering, please keep hammering. I'll buy every 9.0 on the planet that looks like this.

Jim

I was following this auction + happy to see you win it!! And at such a reasonable price too :insane:

I was in Baltimore, working with our friend Mr. Storms. I set my bid on the Sunday before breakfast and assumed I'd win it. Anyways late in the afternoon, fellow board member Innocuos walks by with his Iphone and I ask him to see for me if I won the auction or not. He shows me that I won the auction and told me what I paid. Upon hearing the dollar amount, I'm pretty sure Bob pizzed himself. He asked me why the hell did I pay that kind of money for a 9.0 copy of that book, my answer with as straight a face as possible "because it has the number 64 written on the front cover" :roflmao:

Jim

I was in Baltimore, working with our friend Mr. Storms. I set my bid on the Sunday before breakfast and assumed I'd win it. Anyways late in the afternoon, fellow board member Innocuos walks by with his Iphone and I ask him to see for me if I won the auction or not. He shows me that I won the auction and told me what I paid. Upon hearing the dollar amount, I'm pretty sure Bob pizzed himself. He asked me why the hell did I pay that kind of money for a 9.0 copy of that book, my answer with as straight a face as possible "because it has the number 64 written on the front cover" :roflmao:

Jim

lol Glad you got another one in your collection Jim!!! :applause:

Jim

lol Glad you got another one in your collection Jim!!! :applause:

:roflmao:Classic story!! "But Bob, you don't realize the all encompassing power of written dates and mothballs!!!!!!!!"

Well, I do know what happened to most of the Winnipeg pre-heros... :whistle:

Spill the beans, AtlasFan! :baiting:

WMST124.jpg

Jim

Sucker.

Jim

Sucker times two.