• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

Jim, just out of curiosity... are there many other collectors who you find yourself competing with over the WM Pedigree? I remember we had some ex-members who fought over the Green River Pedigree--didn't know if you found yourself running against some of the same people.

Jim, just out of curiosity... are there many other collectors who you find yourself competing with over the WM Pedigree? I remember we had some ex-members who fought over the Green River Pedigree--didn't know if you found yourself running against some of the same people.

People like the books and I know a few people who would like an example for their collections but let books go, so I can get it.

BTW as an aside, Red still collects those Green Rivers, but his former rival "goonchild" no longer even collects.

Jim

Wow, the ASM #8 is up. It looks beautiful although you can't see the bottom. The price seems pretty steep. Any takers or maybe I should say payers.

I'm on the fence...if there wasn't 40 WM X-Mens coming up for auction in a few months, I would have bought it already. Do I let this one go this time and wait for it to come around again someday, when the timing is a bit better?

Jim

Wow, the ASM #8 is up. It looks beautiful although you can't see the bottom. The price seems pretty steep. Any takers or maybe I should say payers.

I'm on the fence...if there wasn't 40 WM X-Mens coming up for auction in a few months, I would have bought it already. Do I let this one go this time and wait for it to come around again someday, when the timing is a bit better?

Jim

when Jimbo?

Hey Jim,

Did you pick up that Strange Tales 136 9.4 WM in the Clink auction? I hope not as it went for way too much money. Are you even collecting the WM Dr. Strange/Nick Fury Strange Tales?

I pity the poor sucker that popped $700 for a 9.4 when the Boston copy sold about a year ago in 9.6 for $575.

Hey Jim,

Did you pick up that Strange Tales 136 9.4 WM in the Clink auction? I hope not as it went for way too much money. Are you even collecting the WM Dr. Strange/Nick Fury Strange Tales?

I pity the poor sucker that popped $700 for a 9.4 when the Boston copy sold about a year ago in 9.6 for $575.

I was wondering the same thing hm

Hey Jim,

Doc: No I didn't, I bid it up but kept getting outbid. It was until later that I learned that the person who won it is/was a big supporter of this thread and my goal and has posted in this thread many times. If he had just come to me before and expressed how badly he wanted it, I could have probably saved him $500. :sorry:

Jim

Hey Jim,

Doc: No I didn't, I bid it up but kept getting outbid. It was until later that I learned that the person who won it is/was a big supporter of this thread and my goal and has posted in this thread many times. If he had just come to me before and expressed how badly he wanted it, I could have probably saved him $500. :sorry:

Jim

doh!