• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

Based on the high prices some WM loving Canadian yahoo is paying I would have to get top dollar plus +++. This guy has no regard for guide value and buys like a sailor on shore leave. I really need you to make an offer like that guy. :baiting:

Saving up for the X-Mens...better to let one book go now than lose forty in a couple of months, that up until Heritage acquired them, were presumed tied up in an unknown collection forever. Plus I'm working on a deal for a WM super key!!!

Jim

:popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Well it appears that I've kept everybody in suspense long enough....

I am proud to announce that a genuine, White Mountain super key has arrived safely in Canada. I was wondering which one would be first, and this is a book that appeared on EVERYBODIES top ten list of Silver Marvels thread from a few months ago. So without any further delay...

:applause:

I present.....

WMAvengers4.jpg

Upon inspection it appears to be a 9.4-9.6 book that took a hit in grade from a rusted staple stain to the right of Thors left shoulder. I love 9.6 looking books at 9.2 prices.

:acclaim::cloud9::acclaim::cloud9:

Jim

Saving up for the X-Mens...better to let one book go now than lose forty in a couple of months, that up until Heritage acquired them, were presumed tied up in an unknown collection forever. Plus I'm working on a deal for a WM super key!!!

Jim

I am proud to announce that a genuine, White Mountain super key has arrived safely in Canada. I was wondering which one would be first, and this is a book that appeared on EVERYBODIES top ten list of Silver Marvels thread from a few months ago. So without any further delay...

I present.....

WMAvengers4.jpg

Upon inspection it appears to be a 9.4-9.6 book that took a hit in grade from a rusted staple stain to the right of Thors left shoulder. I love 9.6 looking books at 9.2 prices.

Jim

congrats

Jim

I present.....

WMAvengers4.jpg

Jim

Sweet book Jim!!! (worship):cloud9: Nochips, fork over those books!! :sumo: Please :foryou:

Well here comes another one, found in a very unexpected place, a local dealer/collectors inventory here in Toronto. Our own R1970D located it for me in August, but I haven't been able to hook with with said dealer, until yesterday here at a local show. ASM #16

WMASM16.jpg

The absolute nicest 7.5 on the planet. It's actually a 9.4 book but as you can see there is some type of distributors spray/ink stain at Daredevils right hand, and the book get's hammered...as it probably should have been.

Jim

That looks like a ing blood stain. :eek:

:jokealert:

Actually, I don't know why CGC discounts for distribution stains. I don't really care for them, but I would view them more along the lines of a production defect.

Sweet book even if it is second hand news. :( Did it come from the same guy as the BG?

Yup, same guy.

Glad you didn't

And I'm glad to see that you decided to continue on with your quest. Turning back at this point would be a real shame.

Jim

I present.....

WMAvengers4.jpg

Jim

That book just kicks azzz!!!

Jim, you are indeed a very very fortunate man, well done!