• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
13 13

1,674 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2022 at 9:33 PM, sledgehammer said:

Look, I don't want anyone to panic, but an auction for an ASM 101 in 9.2 OW/W, ended on Ebay yesterday for

$2,180.

:insane:

I was always $500 away from getting a 9.6 but it kept edging away. Maybe one day.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:36 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I've been working a bit on upgrading my Bronze Spidey's.  Most of my original "back issue" copies I bought from LCS's when I really started collecting in about 1973.  I didn't take "quality" into account at all - what I wanted was to have every issue so I could read the stories.  Anyway, I then made the further "mistake" of getting an ASM subscription starting with #134.  So basically I have a ton of issues from #80 - #145 that need to be replaced.  Thanks to some awesome Board members, here's a few (but not all) I've picked up in the last year.

ASM - 80 - 2.jpg

ASM - 95 - 2.jpg

ASM - 97 - 2.jpg

ASM - 99 - 2.jpg

Wow!! Those are some clean looking issues. Nice!

On 5/7/2022 at 8:29 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Two upgrades and one I don't think I need to/can afford to upgrade takes us through #130

ASM - 126 - 2.jpg

ASM - 128 - 2.jpg

ASM - 129.jpg

Nice books.  I bought my ASM 129 through mail order back in the day for $3 or so.  It graded out at 8.0 a few years back.  I was always happy with it, so I totally understand the thought of not upgrading.