• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
13 13

1,673 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2022 at 3:58 PM, Spider-Variant said:
On 2/24/2022 at 6:42 PM, sledgehammer said:

I was just thinking last week that I had ended my run at 441 in 1998 and now they're at @ 882.

Time flies.

:fear:

I made it to Issue 600.  Although some of the copper age stories were fun, I am definitely a Bronze Age Spidey zealot.

Me too. If they had done the legacy numbering on the cover at that point, I would have probably kept it going.

At that point, it was just "The Amazing Spectacular Web of Spider Man" #1 to me.

Hey, House of Ideas alert!!

:idea:

On 2/27/2022 at 7:10 PM, sledgehammer said:

Kind of my own George Perez tribute.

I don't think I was ever happier, other than John Romita, opening a book and seeing interior pages were done by George.

This is a Romita like level of greatness to me. In my opinion, and I drew as a kid, George was one of the few that nailed the Green Goblin's face just right.

What complete awesomeness this is.

perez spidey 1978.jpg

This calendar is one of my all-time favorite Spider-Man collectables.  This drawing was one of my favorites in the calendar.  George absolutely nails it.  

On 3/17/2022 at 10:05 AM, ThothAmon said:

Just drove my Delorean down to the newsstand and picked this guy up.  Love great Hulk covers. 

B59D7AFA-F03D-452D-9011-D955694F2BE2.jpeg

That's an awesome book.  If I look closely at that splash, it looks like I can see a faint indication of the print rollers, which almost look like tire tracks.