• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
34 34

5,954 posts in this topic

Coming later this week, I'll be running a thread in Modern -- there will be books returning from previous sales threads, but new in this one will be graded copies of Ultimate Fallout #4 CGC 9.4, Uncanny Avengers #1 Granov variant CGC 9.6, Edge of Spider-Verse #2 CGC 9.8 (likely on that one, though there's a chance I might have second thoughts and hold on to that one), and raw copies of ASM #298, Tales of the Teen Titans #44, , Birds of Prey #8, a complete set of the 1st League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a Danger Girl lot, and a bunch of Marvel Legends and JC Penny variants, including a CGC 9.4 graded copy reprint of a classic Sub-Mariner cover in #8.  Lots of good stuff, and hopefully something for everyone.  Thread will either start on Wednesday, or next Sunday, depending on my physical therapy schedule this week -- hope to see familiar faces (and new ones) there! :foryou:

20240714_130805 (2).jpg

The VCC is upon us once again.
Join us this weekend (July 19-21, 2024), right here on the boards, for the 58th Virtual Comic Convention 

July 2024.jpg

VirtualComicConvention (VCC LVIII)

Dealer Setup - Friday, July 19, 2024
(All 4 areas of the VCC will unlock automatically at 8pm (EDT) for sellers to begin their booth setup)
LINK TO RULES, TIPS, and FAQs   
LINK TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD
LINK TO THE INDEX OF SELLERS

2024 Event Schedule.jpg

On 7/19/2024 at 7:10 AM, Readcomix said:

Coming soon ... 200-300 books....owner said he collected as a kid in the '70s and they sat since... I'm keeping the Wonder Womans and Avengers 1, and a few that are upgrades for me, but in those cases my undercopies will be subbed into the thread .... Need to photograph, grade, price but here's a sample of what's ahead. The collection is just a few gold, lots of silver and bronze.

The silver is mostly mid-grade and lower grade, much of the bronze is pretty sharp.

20240627_204541.jpg

oh boy :whee:

On 7/14/2024 at 7:07 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Coming later this week, I'll be running a thread in Modern -- there will be books returning from previous sales threads, but new in this one will be graded copies of Ultimate Fallout #4 CGC 9.4, Uncanny Avengers #1 Granov variant CGC 9.6, Edge of Spider-Verse #2 CGC 9.8 (likely on that one, though there's a chance I might have second thoughts and hold on to that one), and raw copies of ASM #298, Tales of the Teen Titans #44, , Birds of Prey #8, a complete set of the 1st League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a Danger Girl lot, and a bunch of Marvel Legends and JC Penny variants, including a CGC 9.4 graded copy reprint of a classic Sub-Mariner cover in #8.  Lots of good stuff, and hopefully something for everyone.  Thread will either start on Wednesday, or next Sunday, depending on my physical therapy schedule this week -- hope to see familiar faces (and new ones) there! :foryou:

20240714_130805 (2).jpg

As a heads-up, I still plan to run this sale, but in a desire to respect the VCC, I'm pushing it back until the start of/middle of next week rather than start it this weekend. 

While my Copper/Modern thread is underway now HEREI'll also be starting up a thread in Mixed soon with some really neat engraved acrylic LED lamps with popular comic book characters.  Each runs on 3 AA batteries, but can also run off of a USB charger, which will be included.  Also included will be a remote control for the lighting, and that remote will allow the owner to choose from multiple colors and functions.  Each are 6-7 inches tall (including the base) and 5 inches wide, and they'll be priced at $35 each (shipping not included).

I'll have multiple Spider-Man designs, and individual ones of Harley Quinn, Captain America, Iron Man, Batman, Yoda, Chewbacca, Groot -- with future ones to hopefully include The Joker, Daredevil, Hulk, Superman, and others!  These will be offered in a future thread, along with some of the engraved wooden pieces I'd mentioned earlier in this thread.  I may start it up before the end of my current Copper/Modern thread, or it may start immediately afterwards, depending on my available time.  Some pictures of these LED lamps and designs are pictured below.  Quantities will be limited to start, but I should be able to meet demand for more if needed (and any requests for certain characters, feel free to reach out via PM and I'll see what I can come up with!).

20240724_224518.jpg

20240724_224450.jpg

20240724_224846.jpg

20240724_224950.jpg

20240724_223635.jpg

20240724_223940.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan

I just started a sales thread in the "kiss of death" Mixed Age Thread and Misc section. doh!

Well, to be fair, I put my thread there intentionally... doh! doh!

Have a peek, if you're able.  I'm working to post around 200 slabs. :busy:

Thanks!

Andy

:news:     :news:

Spidey Fans!  Big ongoing sale in Copper/Moderns.  Great Spider-Man titles and cover appearances.  ALL proceeds going to the charity, Food For The Poor, less postage.  So far, "we've" donated $1,285 to provide food and essentials for the poor in Central and South America.  All comics are $10 each plus postage, but they are on sale now for 60% off through Sunday at midnight.  99% are high-grade NM and higher, unless marked.  Come on over...great comics and food for the poor!  What a combo.  :cloud9:

I've always had a soft spot for D.C. Humor and Funny Animal tiles, and I am not alone. It may be a week or so before I list these, but thought I would give a head's up. Many of these are from a local original owner collection, but they were read, and grades can range from VG to VF. Most of this batch are fine or better. It will be heavy on Fox and Crow, with a few Bob Hope, Jerry's, and a couple Sugar and Spike. Most will be less than 20 bucks each. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu 

MEME GEORGE.jpg

FYI for those who don’t venture into the Original Art Marketplace sub-forum — I have started a thread over there called “The Weekly Morlock” — once a week I will post a piece of OA for no more than $500 before shipping (while supplies and/or my attention span lasts).

Coming soon to Copper/Modern: Readcomix September Residency! :acclaim:

Featuring all the nonsense you’ve come to grudgingly stomach in a Readcomix thread: drive-by threadkrapping, bourbon discussions, sophomoric humor, general irrelevance, and occasionally a sales thread breaks out…

All this plus Vegas showgirls, gold lame’ costumes, fog machines and light shows, hipster martinis….it’s gonna be a great month, from 90’s bad girl books to start off, to Archie to Spawn to Dave Stevens to McSpidey to modern cheesecake variant covers and a few assorted oddballs that defy categorization….

I'm going to try and start up a sales thread in G/S/B either tomorrow or Sunday.  I have been ill of late, so this thread will not run through as quickly as some of my past ones have, as I don't have the energy nor stamina to list as much as I usually do, so this thread may stretch on at least a couple of weeks (unless I get a burst of unexpected energy, lol).  There will be some nice keys, some new stuff I haven't listed before, to go with some returning books, all looking for new homes.  Hope to see some familiar faces there!