• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exactly who is "The Dentist"?

333 posts in this topic

Actually, the Dentist's son is an avid collector. Those books aren't going anywhere.

The dentist would be wise to "sell" his son Action #1 for $1 before he kicks the bucket. Otherwise his son will owe massive estate taxes to the government if he inherits a collection appraised at $10 million. Then he might have to sell his Action #1 to pay the tax man.

Actually, the Dentist's son is an avid collector. Those books aren't going anywhere.

The dentist would be wise to "sell" his son Action #1 for $1 before he kicks the bucket. Otherwise his son will owe massive estate taxes to the government if he inherits a collection appraised at $10 million. Then he might have to sell his Action #1 to pay the tax man.

I am pretty sure the taxman will get an appraisal of the collection somewhere in $1000 -$2000 range.

I love good dentists, I have had more than the bad ones thank God.

I have numerous root canals for a variety of reasons. The last two I had, the teeth broke after having them and before I could get $$ up for crowns. Still dealing with that.

Two things I would have loved to have had growing up, perfect eyesight and a beautiful smile. I opted not to get braces as a kid as I didn't think my mom had the money. God rest her soul she did her best for me.

Last time I went to the dentist (about a year ago) he pulled out one of my molars with the help of the receptionist (the nurse was off sick or something).

After 20 minutes of violent yanking the tooth came free with a loud crack, the receptionist fumbled it, and I swallowed it. The dentist, thinking I was choking, pushed me up in my chair and started giving me the Heimlich maneouvre. While spewing blood all over the place I managed to explain that I'd swallowed it and wasn't in danger of choking, so he stopped.

Luckily I'm an easygoing kind of chap and found the whole thing highly amusing. I haven't been back since mind you.

Last time I went to the dentist (about a year ago) he pulled out one of my molars with the help of the receptionist (the nurse was off sick or something).

After 20 minutes of violent yanking the tooth came free with a loud crack, the receptionist fumbled it, and I swallowed it. The dentist, thinking I was choking, pushed me up in my chair and started giving me the Heimlich maneouvre. While spewing blood all over the place I managed to explain that I'd swallowed it and wasn't in danger of choking, so he stopped.

Luckily I'm an easygoing kind of chap and found the whole thing highly amusing. I haven't been back since mind you.

lol

I wonder if he does a good root canal hm ?

There's no such thing as a "good" root canal. Unless you're the dentist.

Actually, a root canal gets the patient OUT of pain... Dental neglect causes cavities. Cavities cause pain. Pain is removed by the root canal. Root canals cost money to pay for the dentist's salary and excessive debt incurred by the cost of education and overhead. The average cost of a dental school eduation is $200-$300,000....

My overhead last year was $XXX(very high)... technology is expensive, staffing is expensive, rent, dental labs,

Root canals are a cheap way to pay for neglect... And I don't make much doing them.

Actually it's not just dental neglect. A lot depends on whether your area had fluoride in the water when you were growing up and if you could afford to catch cavities early when you were a young. I guess thise factors would apply as well as dental neglect.

Teeth that have had root canals need full coverage crowns ASAP to prevent fractures. A tooth without a nerve is brittle...never a good thing.

lord, I hate reading this... I had 4 root canals one day over 2 years ago... just haven't had $3500 sitting around to ever pay for the crowns...

maybe I should sell my pristine copy of Action #1... *sigh*

i just had a crown put on a molar yesterday. This was done because that tooth had just got a root canal in december.The dentist recommended a gold crown for longevity but i said no way -porcelain only for me! i just spent about $1250 on this tooth alone- thank God i have some benefits or i would have $2500 wrapped up in one tooth. Most dentists seem to do very well financially but i imagine it takes awhile to get established in an area.

Teeth that have had root canals need full coverage crowns ASAP to prevent fractures. A tooth without a nerve is brittle...never a good thing.

lord, I hate reading this... I had 4 root canals one day over 2 years ago... just haven't had $3500 sitting around to ever pay for the crowns...

maybe I should sell my pristine copy of Action #1... *sigh*

You might be able to pay those off with time payments. It might end up costing you more if you don't.

When I pay that kind of money, I want good results!

I apply the same philosophy to hookers.

Is it like pulling teeth to get them to accept you offer?

In case anyone is wondering, I've been to the dentist three times this week getting a new crown adjusted, because the fit wasn't right. It had a high spot, which can be very painful. When I pay that kind of money, I want good results!

You might want to switch dentists- it shouldn't take 3 visits to get it right! I hope his other work is up to snuff. If a dentist doesn't fit the fillings and crowns on your teeth just right it can lead to decay over a long period of time. I too am very demanding about dental work due to the cost and i have spent a lot over the years on my teeth. I have switched dentists numerous times and right now i think i have a pretty good one.

Sometimes, but I find it's cheaper if I pay on the way out instead of on the way in.

Sometimes, but I find it's cheaper if I pay on the way out instead of on the way in.

A few seconds makes that much difference? (shrug)

In case anyone is wondering, I've been to the dentist three times this week getting a new crown adjusted, because the fit wasn't right. It had a high spot, which can be very painful. When I pay that kind of money, I want good results!

You might want to switch dentists- it shouldn't take 3 visits to get it right! I hope his other work is up to snuff. If a dentist doesn't fit the fillings and crowns on your teeth just right it can lead to decay over a long period of time. I too am very demanding about dental work due to the cost and i have spent a lot over the years on my teeth. I have switched dentists numerous times and right now i think i have a pretty good one.

I live in a small rural are where there are a limited number of dentist. Most of them are turning patients away.