• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Okay, I was considering selling something and it required taking a photo. So I photo'ed all my framed art as well. I did not know her, but I am taking the Jeffrey Catherine Jones approach, white mats and black frames. The eye should be drawn to the art and not the frame. Also they are "museum" something-or-other in that the bottom border is 0.5 inches more than the other three borders to drawn the eye down as it views. The Starman page and rejected cover were purchased framed and have the glass that glares at me. The others are from Michael's with museum quality glass, no glare.

P1010529_zps35ea3e65.jpg

P1010528_zps56a5d9a7.jpg

P1010527_zps8fa59084.jpg

P1010526_zpsd109720d.jpg

more to come

And here is a litle of how I have them displayed, plus something not framed but worth showing off. the poster is an old concert poster we had mounted to linen.

P1010535_zps3f436c00.jpg

It is possible there will be another Starman coming on that wall. not a cover, those 5 will get their own wall eventually.

P1010534_zps8c84ad85.jpg

P1010533_zpsb6fc6b8a.jpg

Clearly another Doc coming on that wall as well. but which one? When I know it will be there.

And Frank. This poster is huge at about 3 feet by 5 feet.

P1010536_zpsd30719ee.jpg

Edited by Bird

My first original art page. I got it from my wife about 6 years ago and is the only one I have professionally framed, I have 18 total now.

House of M #4 Introduction of Layla "I know stuff" Miller by Oliver Coipel

Framed_zps9aba2a4e.jpg

Edited by Ducky13

Had this one framed awhile ago just never took a good photo of it. Purchased this from Dynamic Forces as soon as I saw the link show up in one of those daily offers they do. Art by Ken Haeser, and while I originally thought of doing the submission and gaining all green slabs and doing this I think doing it this way worked out a heck of a lot better. Also since I ran out of wallspace in my house and my local LCS was asking for some art to put up I just thought it was fitting to let them adorn there walls with it until I could rearrange some space on my own.

487518_10151407357437984_675075938_n.jpg

Enjoy

Hey folks - Some incredible artwork on here...love seeing how everyone displays their art..great stuff!

Here's a few of my framed pieces in my studio room...clockwise from the top left...

Art Adams-Quash-MonkeyMan and O'Brien #3 inside back cover art

William Stout - Dino Dragon creature convention drawing

Michael Golden - Doctor Doom commission

Bernie Wrightson - werewolf marker sketch

William Stout - flying creature design for Conan 2

Michael Golden -Baron Karza commission

Art Adams - Monstrom drawing (Kirby monster)

Mike Allred - FF pog drawings

William Stout - The Giant Behemoth drawing

Thanks for looking!

framed%20art%20on%20the%20walls.JPG

Edited by kamenliter

Had this one framed awhile ago just never took a good photo of it. Purchased this from Dynamic Forces as soon as I saw the link show up in one of those daily offers they do. Art by Ken Haeser, and while I originally thought of doing the submission and gaining all green slabs and doing this I think doing it this way worked out a heck of a lot better. Also since I ran out of wallspace in my house and my local LCS was asking for some art to put up I just thought it was fitting to let them adorn there walls with it until I could rearrange some space on my own.

487518_10151407357437984_675075938_n.jpg

Enjoy

Outstanding! And really cool to lend it to the LCS

My Flash commission should be back from framing soon. IN the meantime here are a few color guides from Spectacular Spider-Man 192. I have the rest of the guides for the issue but I chose to frame these three.

2013-08-27084721_zpsf302aeb3.jpg

2013-08-27084735_zps3a2e8702.jpg2013-08-27084750_zps17e14b70.jpg2013-08-27084801_zps6c33192d.jpg