• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees....

732 posts in this topic

when I grow up, I want to be Win (worship)

Nah, you wouldn't want that. I think you've got a comic buying budget that dwarfs my own. Plus, I'm pasty enough to get sunburned under a full moon, which would kill a Florida boy like yourself.

The only real upside for you would be an improvement in hairstyle, but you could pretty much be anyone to get that.

Oh, snap! lol

Great book, Win. There could easily have been a copy of the #2 -- it would likely have been very cheap whereby someone with little money but wanting that book bought it. It hasn't been seen since because it did come down through the usual high-grade collecting community. This has definitely happened with other "missing" Church copies.

There could easily have been a copy of the #2 -- it would likely have been very cheap whereby someone with little money but wanting that book bought it. It hasn't been seen since because it did come down through the usual high-grade collecting community. This has definitely happened with other "missing" Church copies.

Yeah, I figured as much, which is one reason why I highlighted that fact that it's missing (or never was), to see if anyone had heard of its existence.

Too bad, because the black cover of that #2 would probably be an unbelievably awesome Church copy.

There could easily have been a copy of the #2 -- it would likely have been very cheap whereby someone with little money but wanting that book bought it. It hasn't been seen since because it did come down through the usual high-grade collecting community. This has definitely happened with other "missing" Church copies.

Yeah, I figured as much, which is one reason why I highlighted that fact that it's missing (or never was), to see if anyone had heard of its existence.

Too bad, because the black cover of that #2 would probably be an unbelievably awesome Church copy.

Those aren't black covers and they look pretty darn awesome! I suspect I'd like #1one best of all -- those blues and pinks are :cloud9:

I just realized I left off a critical "not" so here's how my second sentence should have read:

t hasn't been seen since because it did not come down through the usual high-grade collecting community.

Here's another early Church sci-fi cover that sort of rhymes with the Superworld #3. Not as cool (tough to beat Paul), but I'm a big fan of the primitive artwork. Screams "early Golden Age" to me.

exciting3.jpg

Here's another early Church sci-fi cover that sort of rhymes with the Superworld #3. Not as cool (tough to beat Paul), but I'm a big fan of the primitive artwork. Screams "early Golden Age" to me.

exciting3.jpg

:applause:

exciting3.jpg

It screams "Hi, I'm brand new, fresh off the newstand!" to me.

exciting3.jpg

:gossip: someone put some little pencil marks on the cover

exciting3.jpg

OMG, that book rules, CM. Just incredible. WOW. (worship)

And you are correct... it is tough to beat Paul... damn near impossible in my book.

exciting3.jpg

:gossip: someone put some little pencil marks on the cover

I could erase those for him. :juggle:

exciting3.jpg

Wow!!! I love the early sci-fi exciting covers. Tough books to find (worship)

exciting3.jpg

it screams "anything that looks that damn fine has to be a reprint and is probably black-and-white inside" to me. what a beautiful book, win. so, so cool.

exciting3.jpg

Flippin amazing cover and condition......if you don't like this book it's time to start collecting widgets (worship)

exciting3.jpg

Flippin amazing cover and condition......if you don't like this book it's time to start collecting widgets (worship)

Let's quote it one more time :devil::makepoint:

exciting3.jpg

Let's quote it one more time :devil::makepoint:

Don't mind if I do...

exciting3.jpg

You ain't kidding, Sreams Golden Age !!!!!!

Killer!!! Beautiful!!

(worship) (worship) (worship)

Wow!!! I love the early sci-fi exciting covers. Tough books to find (worship)

Here's his little buddy, two issues later. The colors are unbelievable.

I know people really start digging this run once the Black Terror appears, and I don't blame them, but the mini-run before #6 (when the inking on the covers gets too heavy) really floats my boat.

exciting5.jpg