• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 NEWSSTAND PIC TIME MACHINE JOURNEY INTO THE PAST
18 18

2,395 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2024 at 4:26 PM, adamstrange said:

Jack Marshall, attorney general for New Zealand, 1957.

#notafan

Jack Marshall 1957 NZ.webp

Well, no EC headless corpses or Phantom Lady headlights, so by 1957, the children of New Zealand were safe!

On 1/31/2024 at 9:10 PM, iggy said:

I bought a collection of photos tonight at a local auction and this one was in it.

IMG_0969.jpeg

IMG_0970.jpeg

Sweet! I love photos like that. Vintage ones with old comics and toys. Such a suprise when you go through a pile or album. They are almost always one of a kind. If you have the patience to look, you can often find interesting ones. Almost always, VERY affordable.

Here is one with Billy and Bobby from FL dated and inscribed 1945 in pencil on back. They are holding copies of Jingle Jangle #15. A very recent find.

IMG_8464.jpeg

On 3/24/2024 at 5:04 PM, plady69 said:

Well, no EC headless corpses or Phantom Lady headlights, so by 1957, the children of New Zealand were safe!

But Phantom Lady's headlights always lit the way for the proper development of young boys!

:preach:

On 1/31/2024 at 11:10 PM, iggy said:

I bought a collection of photos tonight at a local auction and this one was in it.

IMG_0969.jpeg

IMG_0970.jpeg

I thought I was the only oddball that goes around buying old photos of people he doesn't know. lol.  I never thought of having a reason to purchase them like this kid's shirt, though.  For me, it was always cool to see the people, fashion, car styles, etc. frozen in time, and I just start daydreaming. lol.  Thanks for sharing! :D

On 3/24/2024 at 4:26 PM, adamstrange said:

#notafan

I need some answers about that all-famous police cases cover, as it's new to me!

On 3/24/2024 at 6:35 PM, pmpknface said:

I need some answers about that all-famous police cases cover, as it's new to me!

On 3/24/2024 at 7:25 PM, Darwination said:

I went lookin' too, PF, didn't see it at GCD, they're missing some covers.  I don't think it's a Cole or anything, but I do wanna see what it looks like.

I'm guessing it's issue #4 of the Australian edition.  You can see it in an auction here as part of a lot.  They show issues 1-4 & 7 in that auction.  On this site, you can go through each issue of the run from the looks of it, but only a few of them have scans of the covers.  Issues #1-3 have scans and they match up with what is in the auction and in the same order.  I think you can safely assume that the remaining 2 in the auction are #4 and then #7.  As for any more info .... *shrug*.  :D

On 3/24/2024 at 2:04 PM, plady69 said:

There you go.

image.thumb.jpeg.a0a6f8204e99b76e5c4049eb4f717bea.jpeg

On 3/24/2024 at 9:13 PM, Telegan said:

I'm guessing it's issue #4 of the Australian edition.  You can see it in an auction here as part of a lot.  They show issues 1-4 & 7 in that auction.  On this site, you can go through each issue of the run from the looks of it, but only a few of them have scans of the covers.  Issues #1-3 have scans and they match up with what is in the auction and in the same order.  I think you can safely assume that the remaining 2 in the auction are #4 and then #7.  As for any more info .... *shrug*.  :D

Thanks for the info!  Yea, it's not a Cole cover.  All of the ones that site had were drawn by some Aussie high-school kid.  :p  Cool site too - thanks! 

On 3/24/2024 at 1:26 PM, adamstrange said:

#notafan

Where's this pic from?  A publication, news archive, etc.?