• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman rarities
3 3

332 posts in this topic

Long time not here

Thought i'd update you on my Miracleman / Warrior / 2000AD vintage badge collection which grows over geological time

(all of these are very rare early 1980s ORIGINAL badges / pins - the Marvelman ones from 1950s)

Very pleased to have found a Warrior "BIG BEN" badge!!!

The Gold Dredd badge at the top is from 1983 - 1st Forbidden Planet badge - actually gold plated - (not to be confused with the Prog 300 plastic one or modern versions)

Enjoy my Christmas tree

DSCF0120%202_zpsq6q2r7xd.jpg

Am I crazy or is there a labeling error on this? Shouldn't this denote that it's a UK variant?

MM1UKBC_zps9y0kwmjn.jpg

So many happy childhood memories in that shop.

I used to get first dibs on Thor's from the new collections they'd get in. The owner used to let me pay a small deposit and reserve a stack under the counter in brown paper bags.

Then I'd get the bus home and nag my parents for the money to go back and get them (which they always did). :cloud9:

:mad:

It's free of charge if CGC made the error. Ship it back.

+1 I just had to do this with an east of west double cover that was mislabeled and they were very helpful and the process was quick especially compared to how long my fast track took in the first place

+1 I just had to do this with an east of west double cover that was mislabeled and they were very helpful and the process was quick especially compared to how long my fast track took in the first place

Good call. I'll have to send it back to them with my next submission.

Nice find - UK copies with Alan Moore signed are very tough

what's the origin please?

I went searching for a UK copy online and found this copy raw on ebay. There was no mention of the Moore signature in the listing so I was pretty stoked when I received it and found it inside.

Good call. I'll have to send it back to them with my next submission.

Nice find - UK copies with Alan Moore signed are very tough

what's the origin please?

I went searching for a UK copy online and found this copy raw on ebay. There was no mention of the Moore signature in the listing so I was pretty stoked when I received it and found it inside.

Fantastic find. I've never had that with a Miracleman book but once bought a Swamp Thing Annual no.2 that had been signed on the splash page by John Totleben, Steve Bisette and Alan Moore :cloud9:

Not a comic, but most of you guys know I'm a Miracleman geek from way back. Picked up Simone Bianchi's OA to the variant cover from issue one of this Fall's reboot/restart of the series for the Gaiman/Buckingham run.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1240341

Edited by pkveronese