• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

FIVE GLORIOUS YEARS!!!!

I just finished reading issue 53; good stuff. The ending sparked my interest in issue 1, so I pulled out my trade and reread it. I can't believe I've been reading this book since October 2003. So much had changed with the characters and I can't help but want more. This book rocks!

Corrected faulty math. (thumbs u

Edited by ComicDiva89

Curious....is a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 for 300.00 a good deal? Don't know what they go for...

Ironically, they've been going through the roof for the last few sales but none have hit the market recently. I would say $300 is not bad and not great either. I personally think $200 to $250 is where this book "should" be at.

Given the print count and census, I'm not surprised #2, #3 and #6 aren't going nuts. Those are the toughies. 4 out of 4 TWD collectors agree :)

THREE GLORIOUS YEARS!!!!

I just finished reading issue 53; good stuff. The ending sparked my interest in issue 1, so I pulled out my trade and reread it. I can't believe I've been reading this book since October 2003. So much had changed with the characters and I can't help but want more. This book rocks!

I've managed to get my wife to read the first two TPBs...she is liking it. I've also totally geeked out and bought TWD t-shirt...just not brave enough to wear it outside the house :insane:

Curious....is a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 for 300.00 a good deal? Don't know what they go for...

Ironically, they've been going through the roof for the last few sales but none have hit the market recently. I would say $300 is not bad and not great either. I personally think $200 to $250 is where this book "should" be at.

Given the print count and census, I'm not surprised #2, #3 and #6 aren't going nuts. Those are the toughies. 4 out of 4 TWD collectors agree :)

Agreed on all accounts Sterling (thumbs u

THREE GLORIOUS YEARS!!!!

I've managed to get my wife to read the first two TPBs...she is liking it. I've also totally geeked out and bought TWD t-shirt...just not brave enough to wear it outside the house :insane:

I have my wife hooked on the series (she's been following it for over a year now),

and I have three Walking Dead shirts and wear them regularly :insane:

Oddly enough, The Walking Dead is pretty much the only comic I can get my girlfriend to read and she loves it. I think it may be official: chicks dig The Walking Dead! (thumbs u

(Although, she demands on waiting for the TPBs so that she can sit down and have one big, long read of six issues. She thinks the individual issues are too short and unfulfilling, length-wise. There should probably be a "that's what she said" joke right there. lol )

Although, she demands on waiting for the TPBs so that she can sit down and have one big, long read of six issues.

This is the same thing I do with WD. I purchase all of the single issues and put away (for the collection) , but wait and buy the HC Trades to read. Very fullfilling to read in that manner. But as long as it takes for single issues to come out for WD (at least in the past :wishluck:) it can take a long time to get caught up with the HC trades.

I've also totally geeked out and bought TWD t-shirt...just not brave enough to wear it outside the house :insane:

:gossip: I had my LCS order the calendar for me, I'll be picking it up today. :blush:

I got one too! Probably the first calender of my life lol

I've also totally geeked out and bought TWD t-shirt...just not brave enough to wear it outside the house :insane:

:gossip: I had my LCS order the calendar for me, I'll be picking it up today. :blush:

I got one too! Probably the first calender of my life lol

Where can I get a calendar?

I can't blame the wife for waiting for the TPB...it IS better to read many issues at once as opposed to the nuggets we get fed each month...give or take... :doh:

btw, did you guys notice in your monthly ordering that there appears to be past issues showing back up? Does anyone know what's going on? It might be a database issue with my provider...just seeing if anyone has the scoop.

WALKING DEAD #57 (RES)

I already ordered #57 last month... what does RES mean?

Does anyone have an idea of when Rick might be kicking the bucket? I think its inevitable.

Obviously...we all kick the bucket...sooner or later... :shrug:

I thought Rick was the one character that won't be kicking the bucket, at least soon?

WALKING DEAD #57 (RES)

It means that the book is running so late that Diamond is having to "resolicit" the book for the next month and all old orders for it have been cancled.

WALKING DEAD #57 (RES)

It means that the book is running so late that Diamond is having to "resolicit" the book for the next month and all old orders for it have been cancled.

That's what I thought... :doh: Thanks, Brian!