• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Maybe he grew the mullet after the outbreak ... Don't judge lol

Well yeah, that could be, but c'mon......you really think this portly "business in the front, party in the back" fellow knows what happened? :/

untitled1.jpg........................untitled2.jpg

Great issue!

The theme to this issue seemed to be that everyone was losing their sanity. For all we know the only science Doc Mullet practiced was in a meth lab.

Well yeah, that could be, but c'mon......you really think this portly "business in the front, party in the back" fellow knows what happened? :/

"You know you're a Redneck when..."

"...you feel important by telling all your friends you know what caused the zombie outbreak!" lol

you could be right, but i doubt anyone would be worrying about haircuts or styles in a post apocalyptic zombie world.

you could be right, but i doubt anyone would be worried about haircuts or styles in a post apocalyptic zombie world

I bet it's hard to come up with an explantion for the zombie outbreak that's original, it couldn't be...

That hell is full

Earth passed through the tail of a comet

Nuclear war

Biblical in nature

A purposefully released chemical weapon

An accidentally released chemical weapon

Same previous two, but a virus

The government (outside of above four options)

The result of an occult ritual

So what's left? Global warming? (shrug) (Please, don't let it be global warming).

i actually wasn't a huge fan of the last couple issues...i felt they were almost floundering..

anyway, this last issue has piqued my interest yet again...the possibilities are swirling through my head hm

I agree on both counts...as stated in Letter Hacks...Kirkman says that there are "two" major events between now and issue 100...and I don't know about you guys, but a kill-fest isn't going to satisfy me the second time around. It's time to see the bigger picture for a while, while evolving (or killing) characters along the way. Tis the price for progress. lol

I'm even willing to see some new military zombies...maybe the government experiements got out of hand? hmmm.... (as I gloss over my Zombies of Mass Destruction comic :doh: )

It's always a government experiment that got out of hand!

True. Why can't the apocalypse be the result of a chemistry experiment by 12 year-olds in a treehouse? That would be somewhat original.

Yes, but the kids got the stuff from the dad who works for a top secret government project and the kids snooped into the old man's suitcase.... lol

...or maybe it was the international pharmaceutical company, Umbrella... :doh:

Wasn't NOTLD about some strange meteor?

That's what the government WANTS you to believe! :gossip:

Maybe you are thinking of Night of the Comet (excellent 80s zombie flick)? I can't remember the original NOTLD explaining anything except the tag line that when hell is full, the dead walk the earth.

In any case, these days its always either Aliens or the Government.

Edited by limited66

Wasn't NOTLD about some strange meteor?

That's what the government WANTS you to believe! :gossip:

Maybe you are thinking of Night of the Comet (excellent 80s zombie flick)? I can't remember the original NOTLD explaining anything except the tag line that when hell is full, the dead walk the earth.

In any case, these days its always either Aliens or the Government.

I was just :baiting: Sterling.

Actually if I remember correctly in the original NOTLD the news reporter stated that a satellite reentering earth’s atmosphere brought back a virus that returned the dead to life. The line "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth!" is from the original Dawn of the Dead. :gossip: