• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

And, check out this exclusive art Charlie Adlard did for one of the versions of George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead DVD release :cloud9:

diary.jpg

Very cool. Did anyone see this movie? It seemed to go to DVD pretty quick. Was it any good? I wasn't very happy with Land of the Dead.

Very cool. Did anyone see this movie? It seemed to go to DVD pretty quick. Was it any good? I wasn't very happy with Land of the Dead.

Diary of the Dead was originally made for DVD. Romero didn't want the studios involved (as they were with Land) and wanted to make Diary as independent as possible (much like Night of the Living Dead). So the limited theater release that it had was actually a bonus.

I liked Diary quite a bit. The acting was a bit underwhelming but it is definitely worth a watch and, in my opinion, superior to Land. It goes back to the beginning when the zombie outbreak is just starting and is creative in the different ways that the footage (like a documentary) is shot. The social commentary that usually separates a Romero zombie film from the rest is alive and well (if, maybe, a bit overstated).

Would make a good watch on Halloween. (thumbs u Enjoy! See if you can find the voiceover that Stephen King did for the film.

Diary of the Dead was originally made for DVD. Romero didn't want the studios involved (as they were with Land) and wanted to make Diary as independent as possible (much like Night of the Living Dead). So the limited theater release that it had was actually a bonus.

I liked Diary quite a bit. The acting was a bit underwhelming but it is definitely worth a watch and, in my opinion, superior to Land. It goes back to the beginning when the zombie outbreak is just starting and is creative in the different ways that the footage (like a documentary) is shot. The social commentary that usually separates a Romero zombie film from the rest is alive and well (if, maybe, a bit overstated).

Would make a good watch on Halloween. (thumbs u Enjoy! See if you can find the voiceover that Stephen King did for the film.

I have to agree with a lot of your thoughts on Diary..., I liked it a lot as well and thought it was much better than Land... .

My wife also enjoyed it (she's a keeper!), and we both loved the deaf Amish character. I actually wished his part in the film was a bit bigger....Romero was surely adding his own commentary about technological advancements through this character's heroic appearance.

Heck, imho, there is no such thing as a bad George Romero flick :headbang:

I have to agree with a lot of your thoughts on Diary..., I liked it a lot as well and thought it was much better than Land... .

My wife also enjoyed it (she's a keeper!), and we both loved the deaf Amish character. I actually wished his part in the film was a bit bigger....Romero was surely adding his own commentary about technological advancements through this character's heroic appearance.

My wife liked it too (also a keeper). She is actually ahead of me in the Y: The Last Man trades and Walking Dead is next for her. The Amish character definitely needed more screen time. There was a lot of unexplored potential there.

Hail to Zombie Master...George Romero! (worship)

My wife liked it too (also a keeper). She is actually ahead of me in the Y: The Last Man trades and Walking Dead is next for her. The Amish character definitely needed more screen time. There was a lot of unexplored potential there.

Awesome! My wife read and loved "Y:The Last Man", and normally gets to read the new issues of "The Walking Dead" before me as their released! (then we have some fun discussing them over dinner).

I now have her reading through the "Invincible" hardcovers currently :)

Awesome! My wife read and loved "Y:The Last Man", and normally gets to read the new issues of "The Walking Dead" before me as their released! (then we have some fun discussing them over dinner).

I now have her reading through the "Invincible" hardcovers currently :)

My wife also loves Y:The Last Man. I am getting her started on Walking Dead, and she is almost caught up on Fables.

I love zombie movies but Diary and Day were a little disappointing. Diary was okay, but day was boring. I love the rest of Romero's stuff though (worship) Dawn is one of my favorite movies of all time (both) and I actually REALLY liked Land :D

Week of the living dead hm

I think I didn't like the "Cloverfield" feel of diary. I'll rent it and give it another shot. Maybe I'm just a little too harsh on zombie stuff since I'm a big fan of it. Steve on the other hand is so much of a fanboy I think he's blind at times. Just Kidding, Steve .. well, not really :P