• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

wow the art was horrible. It was so loose you couldn't tell what was going on. Amazing Kirkman puts up with it.

I have been thinking this since issue 7.

+1 but I could at least tolerate it up to around 50. Just junk now.

wow the art was horrible. It was so loose you couldn't tell what was going on. Amazing Kirkman puts up with it.

I have been thinking this since issue 7.

+1 but I could at least tolerate it up to around 50. Just junk now.

I've never seen one page of WD art that was junk. Not even close. Liefelds captain america is junk.

Gotta even out the negativity with some positivity. My buddy at work watched the show and decided to download and read the series. Just text me to say he bought his first comic book ever.....walking dead 95. That's cool

There are just a few small... tiny things that have bothered me with Adlard's art lately.

Proportions..

Like, the page when Jesus is tied up on the chair and rick opens the door... looks like

Rick has one hell of a long arm there..

Or the most recent dbl page splash when they are introduced inside the hilltop community. Is it just me, or did the proportions on that splash look odd? Jesus looks more like Hagrid, and the windows on the mansion are gigantic.

Maybe I've just been looking at his art so much I'm simply much more critical than others, OR I'm crazy.

I don't think his art is junk either, especially looking at some of the other comics out there. I just think that when he switched to the smaller panels, some of the finer detail in the pages were left out.

There are just a few small... tiny things that have bothered me with Adlard's art lately.

Proportions..

Like, the page when Jesus is tied up on the chair and rick opens the door... looks like

Rick has one hell of a long arm there..

Or the most recent dbl page splash when they are introduced inside the hilltop community. Is it just me, or did the proportions on that splash look odd? Jesus looks more like Hagrid, and the windows on the mansion are gigantic.

hmmmm....i will check this out to see if i agree with you.

My only criticism I guess at this point is the way Rick is drawn starting after he got cleaned up in Alexandria.

I've noticed that as well.

It was really noticable in todays issue. Rick's face really looked off somehow in a bunch of panels.

I don't think it's rushed or the OA size. It may be more about the characteristics previously used to distinguish Rick were wiped out, and Adlard hasn't found the right style/grove for clean Rick.

Other than that though, I like his art. Team Adlard here. I know people are hating on it, but I think his style overall fits the WD world. Just an opinion. 2c

Did WD 95 Sell out?

They only had one copy at my store and I usually have a stack to flip through.

My primary local store was sold out but thankfully put a nice copy back for me without me asking them to. I still refuse to start a file with any store yet they always pull stuff they think I might like or want. :)

I won't sell Walking Dead 94 Color variants at $15 each, but if anyone wants them at $30 shipped I have 8 left. I will be making a whole $3 off each one at this price.

Went to three shops today, and they still had plenty of 95. Also saw plenty of 94. Looked for older issues as they seem to be pulling a decent premium and found some in ok condition, so I passed. Did pick up the 85 variant in solid NM. The art doesn't bug me. This isn't the common superhero book, so I don't expect the same art. The art can be loose, as long as it tells the emotion and story, and i think it does that effectively.