• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Shouldn't Issue #10 be a key?

1st appearance of Hershel, Lacey,

Arnold, Maggie, Billy, Rachel &

Susie Greene & Patricia.

Way to let the cat out of the bag. ;)

It's been going nothing but up since the show.

Shouldn't Issue #10 be a key?

1st appearance of Hershel, Lacey,

Arnold, Maggie, Billy, Rachel &

Susie Greene & Patricia.

Way to let the cat out of the bag. ;)

It's been going nothing but up since the show.

Just a suggestion to Kuddy based on the "list" provided to him that does not include it:

Rookie questions, I know, but can someone tell me wha the keys are for the Walking Dead series?

K.

Hawkman posted this in another thread:

1,19,27, 33, 48, 53, 61, 63, 92 are the important books/keys right now (61/63 because of chew).

Edited by Comixcroz

I like issue 10 and it does have significance but still feel issue 3 should be included in the list, I am sure we could go on and on about what is considered key issues. No one give issue 5 credit with it basically containing a camp fire discussion of orgins of all the main original group.

Well I might as well come on board to this thread. lol

I sold my WD #1 CGC 9.8 6 months ago. Oh well.

Can you believe I had it for sale last year at WW Chicago at $600.00 and no one bought it. :ohnoez:

I am curious to see what happens to the spike in WD issues like #1 2 19 27 48 after season 3 is over.

If Kirkman is smart he will sketch the prison arc over the next 2 seasons.

3rd Season = Michonne and setting up the prison camp with Governor to appear at the end of the season

4th Season= Governor arc and prison battle etc....

Lets face it the Governor arc is still the height of the comic book so I would think after that is over and done with TWD prices might come back down to earth a little.

Listen WD #1 2 19 27 are not bubble garbage like Spawn #1's or Death of Superman etc, but I feel the values are a little high right now and will trend somewhat downward (20-30%) to a realistic value once the prison arc is over.

Who knows though I am just speculating on the books going down. :juggle:

This is the only WD item I still own. While of course Tony Moore's art sells for a lot more and is more detailed this piece is just classic Governor vs Michonne.

IMO this is one of Adlard's more detailed OA pages. I picked this up last year thankfully before season 2.

028.jpg

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Also would like to add is even though I am on the side that the Walking Dead comics are in a bubble priced spike right now that doesn't mean these issues don't carry long-term value with them cause they do. I just don't feel #1 for example can sustain the prices they are going for in the long-run right now.

I have seen many other collectors that feel the same way as me that the books are in a small bubble right now, but they also feel WD is in the same company as Sandman, Preachers, and Fables. While I agree with the short-term bubble I highly disagree with that other notation. The Walking Dead will now always be bigger than any of the DC Vertigo groundbreaking comics. With the TV show helping it break into mainstream lime live I really have the mind set to say this with great confidence.

TWD #1 is the single most important comic book of the true modern age of comics (since 2000). All the characters are the closest thing comic book enthusiasts will see to new superheroes, without powers of course.

While Ultimate Spider-man is most certainly an important book it still is not a new character.

Combine the now mainstream popularity of the TV show with the low-print run of the early issues you will have a blue chip run of books for years to come.

Now if Y: The Last Man would just get a TV deal or a 3-part movie trilogy going then we would see that giving TWD a worthy competitor. :gossip:

TWD #1 is the single most important comic book of the true modern age of comics (since 2000). All the characters are the closest thing comic book enthusiasts will see to new superheroes, without powers of course.

Now if Y: The Last Man would just get a TV deal or a 3-part movie trilogy going then we would see that giving TWD a worthy competitor. :gossip:

+1 (thumbs u

Also would like to add is even though I am on the side that the Walking Dead comics are in a bubble priced spike right now that doesn't mean these issues don't carry long-term value with them cause they do. I just don't feel #1 for example can sustain the prices they are going for in the long-run right now.

I have seen many other collectors that feel the same way as me that the books are in a small bubble right now, but they also feel WD is in the same company as Sandman, Preachers, and Fables. While I agree with the short-term bubble I highly disagree with that other notation. The Walking Dead will now always be bigger than any of the DC Vertigo groundbreaking comics. With the TV show helping it break into mainstream lime live I really have the mind set to say this with great confidence.

While Ultimate Spider-man is most certainly an important book it still is not a new character.

Combine the now mainstream popularity of the TV show with the low-print run of the early issues you will have a blue chip run of books for years to come.

DITTO

I've never seen two people agree with John in back to back posts...weird :devil:

Jim

People agree with me they just hate to have to do it. :devil:

Know what I hate? People who tell me they are coming to Toronto to visit them for the past three years :whistle:

Jim

I am curious to see what happens to the spike in WD issues like #1 2 19 27 48 after season 3 is over.

3rd Season = Michonne and setting up the prison camp with Governor to appear at the end of the season

Lets face it the Governor arc is still the height of the comic book so I would think after that is over and done with TWD prices might come back down to earth a little.

Listen WD #1 2 19 27 are not bubble garbage like Spawn #1's or Death of Superman etc, but I feel the values are a little high right now and will trend somewhat downward (20-30%) to a realistic value once the prison arc is over.

This is exactly what I'm thinking too.

Everyone keeps asking when the "bubble" is going to break. But the people who actually read the comics know the best stuff is still to come. I expect the TV series to get even more popular over the next 2 seasons (I'm assuming we won't be hitting the #43-48 arc until the end of season 4 too.). I don't see the bubble breaking until after that happens on the TV show.

The comic kept getting better and better and better and better until the Governor arc concluded. Fans who actually read the comic know that's the turning point.

The people who think the bubble is about to break are usually the same people who haven't read the comic.

This is exactly what I'm thinking too.

Everyone keeps asking when the "bubble" is going to break. But the people who actually read the comics know the best stuff is still to come. I expect the TV series to get even more popular over the next 2 seasons (I'm assuming we won't be hitting the #43-48 arc until the end of season 4 too.). I don't see the bubble breaking until after that happens on the TV show.

The comic kept getting better and better and better and better until the Governor arc concluded. Fans who actually read the comic know that's the turning point.

The people who think the bubble is about to break are usually the same people who haven't read the comic.

Like I said I do not think it will like a Death of Superman or Spawn #1 bubble, but I think at some point the prices will ease at prices that average between 2011/2012 prices.

20-30% drop off.

But again who knows only my best guess.....

I've never seen two people agree with John in back to back posts...weird :devil:

Jim

People agree with me they just hate to have to do it. :devil:

Know what I hate? People who tell me they are coming to Toronto to visit them for the past three years :whistle:

Jim

I am seeing my godfather (Toronto) before I see you in WW Philly. Going fishing in NC with my dad and godfather from 5-19-5-27. i think we will finally hammer out my trip which would look like labor day. :shy:

I am curious to see what happens to the spike in WD issues like #1 2 19 27 48 after season 3 is over. If Kirkman is smart he will sketch the prison arc over the next 2 seasons. 3rd Season = Michonne and setting up the prison camp with Governor to appear at the end of the season 4th Season= Governor arc and prison battle etc.... Lets face it the Governor arc is still the height of the comic book so I would think after that is over and done with TWD prices might come back down to earth a little. Listen WD #1 2 19 27 are not bubble garbage like Spawn #1's or Death of Superman etc, but I feel the values are a little high right now and will trend somewhat downward (20-30%) to a realistic value once the prison arc is over.
This is exactly what I'm thinking too. Everyone keeps asking when the "bubble" is going to break. But the people who actually read the comics know the best stuff is still to come. I expect the TV series to get even more popular over the next 2 seasons (I'm assuming we won't be hitting the #43-48 arc until the end of season 4 too.). I don't see the bubble breaking until after that happens on the TV show. The comic kept getting better and better and better and better until the Governor arc concluded. Fans who actually read the comic know that's the turning point. The people who think the bubble is about to break are usually the same people who haven't read the comic.
Like I said I do not think it will like a Death of Superman or Spawn #1 bubble, but I think at some point the prices will ease at prices that average between 2011/2012 prices. 20-30% drop off. But again who knows only my best guess.....

Believe it or not a lot of the Death of Superman stuff held its value and went up.

A Superman 75 Platinum Ed CGC SS 9.8 sold not to long ago for $1200

You would be amazed at how much a lot of that stuff still gets.

Edited by Rip

I am curious to see what happens to the spike in WD issues like #1 2 19 27 48 after season 3 is over. If Kirkman is smart he will sketch the prison arc over the next 2 seasons. 3rd Season = Michonne and setting up the prison camp with Governor to appear at the end of the season 4th Season= Governor arc and prison battle etc.... Lets face it the Governor arc is still the height of the comic book so I would think after that is over and done with TWD prices might come back down to earth a little. Listen WD #1 2 19 27 are not bubble garbage like Spawn #1's or Death of Superman etc, but I feel the values are a little high right now and will trend somewhat downward (20-30%) to a realistic value once the prison arc is over.
This is exactly what I'm thinking too. Everyone keeps asking when the "bubble" is going to break. But the people who actually read the comics know the best stuff is still to come. I expect the TV series to get even more popular over the next 2 seasons (I'm assuming we won't be hitting the #43-48 arc until the end of season 4 too.). I don't see the bubble breaking until after that happens on the TV show. The comic kept getting better and better and better and better until the Governor arc concluded. Fans who actually read the comic know that's the turning point. The people who think the bubble is about to break are usually the same people who haven't read the comic.
Like I said I do not think it will like a Death of Superman or Spawn #1 bubble, but I think at some point the prices will ease at prices that average between 2011/2012 prices. 20-30% drop off. But again who knows only my best guess.....

Believe it or not a lot of the Death of Superman stuff held its value and went up.

A Superman 75 Platinum Ed CGC SS 9.8 sold not to long ago for $1200

You would be amazed at how much a lot of that stuff still gets.

You know what I mean....grand scale. :baiting: