• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Just read 96...

Seems a bit too hopeful at the end...

Yep. Definitely getting a bad feeling about things. Rick is way too happy/optimistic. Combined with his newfound overconfidence I think they're heading into some deep mess.

Also, using the phrase 'something to fear' in the dialogue makes me think that Michonne's take on things is probably correct.

Lunch time on the west coast. Just picked up my copy! :banana:

I just hope that wasn't the kiss of death from Rick to Andrea. :cry:

Ooh...never thought of that. Anybody else think "Jesus" might be a former member of the "Saviors"? I wonder if Negan and his band are already in Alexandria.

I was thinking Saviors might already be there and destroyed it or sweet talked their way in when Rick and crew return. I also think it would be kind of cool if we had a flashback ala issue 43 that takes them to the gates of Alexandria then inside for issue 98 with Rick and crew showing up at the end. All just IMHO. No insider knowledge here.

Rookie questions, I know, but can someone tell me wha the keys are for the Walking Dead series?

K.

Hawkman posted this in another thread:

1,19,27, 33, 48, 53, 61, 63, 92 are the important books/keys right now (61/63 because of chew).

Rookie questions, I know, but can someone tell me wha the keys are for the Walking Dead series?

K.

Sure thing!

1.) Try not to fire guns...it just draws attention

2.) If you do fire guns, try not to stay in the same place for very long if you are exposed

3.) Trust no one.

4.) If you want to take a zombie down, get 'em in the brain.

5.) Stockpile food whenever possible

6.) Carl does not like oatmeal.

7.) Cold weather seems to slow 'em down!

8.) When running out of canned goods...try to start a farm

9.) Any place worth having is worth defending

10.) You do not have to be bitten to turn into a zombie...it just happens when you die.

11.) Everyone is lonely. In most cases, just asking for sex is enough to get it on.

Think those are the keys to WD...did I miss anything?

K.

1,19,27, 33, 48, 53, 61, 63, 92 are the important books/keys right now (61/63 because of chew).

Awesome! Thanks!!

K.

also, i would add that #33 (2nd print) might have less interest than 1st print, but it's probably more valuable than the 1st print.

imho:

#53 relies on abraham staying alive

#61/63 will hold value for now, but after chew stops?

#92 relies on jesus' character. will he stay around and become a prominent character?

K.

Sure thing!

1.) Try not to fire guns...it just draws attention

2.) If you do fire guns, try not to stay in the same place for very long if you are exposed

3.) Trust no one.

4.) If you want to take a zombie down, get 'em in the brain.

5.) Stockpile food whenever possible

6.) Carl does not like oatmeal.

7.) Cold weather seems to slow 'em down!

8.) When running out of canned goods...try to start a farm

9.) Any place worth having is worth defending

10.) You do not have to be bitten to turn into a zombie...it just happens when you die.

11.) Everyone is lonely. In most cases, just asking for sex is enough to get it on.

Think those are the keys to WD...did I miss anything?

lol!!

K.

K.

All the ones left in my sales thread :baiting:

Do you have a link to your sales thread? ;)

K.

K.

All of them are key issues, better get started now!

:shy:

Jerome

K.

what's crazy, is it would cost about $1,500 for raw, NM copies of all those books. not to brag, but it's lovely seeing those prices and realizing you paid cover for all but #1

K.

also, i would add that #33 (2nd print) might have less interest than 1st print, but it's probably more valuable than the 1st print.

imho:

#92 relies on jesus' character. will he stay around and become a prominent character?

Does 61 stay up in lieu of 63 due to the Carl/Ben sequence? It's a turning point for the series.

K.

imho:

Does 61 stay up in lieu of 63 due to the Carl/Ben sequence? It's a turning point for the series.

Turning point for carls character, but not enough to make the book a key.