• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Issue 96 was not filled with the fireworks I was hoping for but what a set up for the next story line! :cloud9:

Oh... I don't know. It all depends upon what you're looking for.

Kirkman has been good at some nice mis-direction over the course of 96 issues...

What I wonder is if Jesus is sent out as a recruiter for all kinds of people... ones who can contribute or be sacrificed to pay tribute. The Hilltop wins either way, because more people contribute to lessen their burden to the Saviors OR they get tricked into fighting for them & possibly weaken the Saviors in the process. Gregory may full-well know what he's doing in manipulating Rick into taking on the Saviors for him & the Hilltop. I kinda hope not, since this book has had people screwing each other over and over and over since the beginning & it gets old.

On a separate note, I have to ask: What character or characters do you actually like in the best in the WD comic? I used to like Rick quite a bit when the book first started, but as we've gone on, I like him less and less. Some of the decisions he made in the Alexandria Safe-Zone got me wondering if #100 would be a good point for him to depart the series.

they can't kill Rick, he's the glue...i can't imagine anyone else leading that rag tag band of misfits other then him. None of the other characters have the personality to get it done. Except maybe his son but he's a bit young, unless they flash forward 10 years and show him grown up.

Edited by krighton

they can't kill Rick, he's the glue...i can't imagine anyone else leading that rag tag band of misfits other then him. None of the other characters have the personality to get it done. Except maybe his son but he's a bit young, unless they flash forward 10 years and show him grown up.

I would love to see a 5-10 year jump in the series. Even if just a short while for a couple of arcs.

I would love to see a 5-10 year jump in the series. Even if just a short while for a couple of arcs.

That's a cool idea. I always thought it would be cool if Kirkman switched to a different cast of characters in a different part of the world and told their story from the beginning of the zombie outbreak. Make the readers care about them over 20 issues until they run into Rick's crew and kill each other. lol

That's a cool idea. I always thought it would be cool if Kirkman switched to a different cast of characters in a different part of the world and told their story from the beginning of the zombie outbreak. Make the readers care about them over 20 issues until they run into Rick's crew and kill each other. lol

I prefer the different cast idea to the jump into the future one. It's hard to see how the latter would be possible without significant spoilers as to the fate of the current group.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that WD was slated to run for 300 issues or so. If that's true, there's plenty of scope for taking a different angle on the story before it ends - and Kirkman would have to in order to keep things fresh over such a long period.

My wild guess at this point is that whenever the end of the series comes, it'll be in the future, probably with Carl as an adult as opposed to further along. Not sure it would be a long arc, although that's a cool idea - I'd see it as more likely one issue like the end of

DMZ

The only other things I can think of that, based on what we've seen so far, would make sense to finish things off are:

- Rick's death; or

- some sort of deus ex machina cure or event that wiped out all the zombies and put the world back to (relative) normality

I know a lot of people like the idea of Rick going to prove that no one is safe, but I'm not one of them! And I don't think the story is the same without the ever-present danger - so my guess is that the zombies stay.

Whatever - I'm enjoying the story at the moment and excited for Something To Fear, never mind years down the line!

There is a lot of good stuff you can get with that kinda scratch.

Yes, thanks! I had to use my years of OA buying experience to score this one - it wasn't easy as anyone else that was trying to buy it can attest to.

The cover looks great in person - I am very happy with it!

When Lori shows up alive living with this group of Saviors that's when people will be abuzz!

If you check out the roamers and lurkers WD board, there's about a million theories as to how she is still alive somewhere. doh!