• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Why that cover?

I like it, it's cool looking. Feel free to persecute.

1108697walkingdead69sup.jpg

lol

I was just curious if it was the cover itself or the events in that issue. The cover is very telling. Good luck!

i have if there is a list there i am not seeing it got to love it when you get told to check another topic when you are in the right topic to start with

lol

(thumbs u

i have if there is a list there i am not seeing it got to love it when you get told to check another topic when you are in the right topic to start with

looks like there's 2 posts. the walking dead 100 cover post has the info on the first 3 pages. anyway, there are 8 regular covers, plus a chromium, plus a 1:200 black/white variant

Is there any action on first prints of the trades?

Not a ton, but the Days Gone Bye 1st has been BIN'd between 15-35 over the past month. Omnibus #1 first print seems to be around $150-200.

Saw a Ad on Kijiji, "I have the walking dead comics from 1 to 90. if interested contact me #647-680-XXXX".

so i call the number, and guy says " i don't have the originals", i asked " what do you mean?", he replys "i'll get the comic's off my brother and photocopy them."

He was from Brampton, lol

Saw a Ad on Kijiji, "I have the walking dead comics from 1 to 90. if interested contact me #647-680-XXXX".

so i call the number, and guy says " i don't have the originals", i asked " what do you mean?", he replys "i'll get the comic's off my brother and photocopy them."

hm

Maybe it is just me, but just like Jim Lee signature Robert Kirkman's is just as unreadable. (shrug)

That is pretty much the reason I never really got into paying more for SS books in the first place. I have one of Stan Lee and McFarlane, but they are very legible.

My friend was over the other day and I was showing him some of the CGC SS of Kirkman via the internet and he stated: "Why would anyone want to get your books signed by someone who writes like a 4 year old."

I am not dissing anyone who buys them for their collection, but doesn't it bother anyone how illegible his signatures are?

For me takes the fun out of owning a SS with Kirkman's name on it.

hm

Are they at least good color copies? If so you can probably get them slabbed NM by PGX.

:ohnoez:

Maybe it is just me, but just like Jim Lee signature Robert Kirkman's is just as unreadable. (shrug)

That is pretty much the reason I never really got into paying more for SS books in the first place. I have one of Stan Lee and McFarlane, but they are very legible.

My friend was over the other day and I was showing him some of the CGC SS of Kirkman via the internet and he stated: "Why would anyone want to get your books signed by someone who writes like a 4 year old."

I am not dissing anyone who buys them for their collection, but doesn't it bother anyone how illegible his signatures are?

For me takes the fun out of owning a SS with Kirkman's name on it.

Even Kirkman himself admits his signature is scribble.

I guess that is why they call it a 'signature'...not like it's changing and I'm sure he signs contracts the same way?

Yea for sure, but again for me the signature kinda ruins the look of the book for me anyway with certain artists/writers.

Jim Lee is one of my favorite artists of all time, but his signature on one of his comics for me ruins book every time he signs.

Kirkman is starting to make me view his signature the same way. It just looks someone drew a pen mark line on my book.

I can't tell anyone how to sign their name, but I know if it were me I would take some pride knowing that people could at least legibly read my name, especially when you know first hand you are signing items for a fans collection or items that will be looked at after the fact by collectors around the world.

Stan Lee is a media whore lol , but at least his signature is clear and precise.