• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Don't look now but the sky is falling :whistle:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-19-CGC-9-8-1ST-MICHONNE-1ST-PRINT-KIRKMAN-AMC-TV-HOT-/120931300612?_trksid=p3984.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D120931300612%26ps%3D63#ht_2740wt_948

Lowest sale by a lot since Michonne showed up in the season finale.

Jim

Edited by cgcworld

Over $500? I would still take that sale. Yeah, it's not yet another record setter but still pretty nice.

That car is pretty awesome, very awesome, but, when a huge korean car manufacturer wants to get in on the action, you know a title has officially gone uber-mainstream. Kinda kills this one for me. #100 will be the last issue I buy of this title - then I'll just collect the compendiums every few years to see what's been happening.

Here is something I read today regarding the books lifespan. I was reading the letter hacks in the back of issue 47 (March 2008) and Kirkman, talking about the sales figures, says:

"If we started losing readers at a slow rate we could probably still make it until 150 before things started looking ugly".

Considering the print run on issue 47 was about 22,000, and the current print run is about 35,000, this book could be around for a very long time.

Finally got a grade on my 35 error copy...9.6. I haven't seen any CGC 35 errors being sold. Any ideas what it might go for? FNG here.

I'd throw you $50 :angel:

Ummmmm...thanks?

$55 from me and I'll pay shipping! :D

OK, just put the check in the mail and I'll get it sent. Use "The North Pole" for the address.

Wow, that is "low" compared to the last few weeks.

Mark this very post though, I guarantee the moment the previews start hitting the airwaves on AMC for season 3, the price of that book will be close to what #1 goes for right now...

Mainstream or not, it's a great story and I will stick with it as long as I like it 2c

I agree 100%. Now I just have to find another series I like as much as TWD.!

So true, this comic actually got me to read a paperback novel (Rise of the Governor). I haven't read a novel since High School!

I'll bet you it never gets within $300 of #1 in 9.8 again :P

There are about 10K fewer copies of #1 in existance and it's the first appearance of the entire WD universe. #19 is the first appearance of one overhyped character. Sure she's badazz and looks cool in the show, but IMO that book will never break $1K and probably already hit its all-time peak with her cameo appearance in the finale.

Wow, that is "low" compared to the last few weeks.

Mark this very post though, I guarantee the moment the previews start hitting the airwaves on AMC for season 3, the price of that book will be close to what #1 goes for right now...

I'll take that bet. In fact I'll trade 19's plus $100 for #1's. Open offer.