• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,462 posts in this topic

Considering I just received an email from him today, asking what he ever did to me, I will state: officially he has never done anything to me. Except buy a book I really wanted. :(

:(

nick: i'm sure his email was very interesting...i would very much like to read his email, and your response :foryou: would you mind forwarding it to me :)

jad: what are you frowning about? has mr. 'comics_4_dummies' been e-mailing you as well? (:

Considering I just received an email from him today, asking what he ever did to me, I will state: officially he has never done anything to me. Except buy a book I really wanted. :(

nick: i'm sure his email was very interesting...i would very much like to read his email, and your response :foryou: would you mind forwarding it to me :)

jad: what are you frowning about? has mr. 'comics_4_dummies' been e-mailing you as well? (:

Well actually I received quite a few. Including several offers to buy my copy. Hmmm

Well actually I received quite a few. Including several offers to buy my copy. Hmmm

i bet he quoted old GPA prices lol

:roflmao:

Isn't that what you did when you tried to buy mine? :baiting:

Isn't that what you did when you tried to buy mine? :baiting:

What did i offer you? wasn't it my 9.2 plus $1k?

this dude wanted to buy my 9.2 from me for $300ish

Anyone else see the latest census update on #1s? There were eight new slabs, six of which were Universal 9.6s (another one was a qualified 9.2 and one other somewhere below 8.5). They're as common as dirt now. lol

Well there goes the value of mine. Id offer to just give to you now Colin, but Im sure you dont want it anymore...in the trash it goes

You were bidding on the eBay one so you obviously want a second copy, right? You should be ecstatic. :D

Well there goes the value of mine. Id offer to just give to you now Colin, but Im sure you dont want it anymore...in the trash it goes

You were bidding on the eBay one so you obviously want a second copy, right? You should be ecstatic. :D

Good point! I should try to collect them all now!

in your all's estimations:

if a 9.2 is worth around 700ish, and a 9.6 sold on feebay for 2175

what would you say a 9.4 slab would be worth? hm methinks in the middle, right? (shrug)

or does the recent showing of 9.6s de-value the 9.4 down to 1k to 1.1kish?

what would you say a 9.4 slab would be worth? hm methinks in the middle, right? (shrug)

I remember this is what happened with TMNT 1s a year or two ago. An onslaught of high grade copies got slabbed after there were only a few the first few years. This affected the value of the copies I owned (but I anticipated and was waiting for a bunch of high grades would be slabbed over the years) but these are long term investments for me as I anticipate is the cae with Bone 1 collectors, The prices were obvioulsy affected but slowly stabilized and will sreadily come up again. The prices on the Bone 1s will be affected in the short term but will slowly rise over the years. This allows for a more realistic marketplace.

As to a 9.4 number 1, IMHO $1000 is still a steal. I think they will still sell for 1100-1400.

I remember this is what happened with TMNT 1s a year or two ago. An onslaught of high grade copies got slabbed after there were only a few the first few years. This affected the value of the copies I owned (but I anticipated and was waiting for a bunch of high grades would be slabbed over the years) but these are long term investments for me as I anticipate is the cae with Bone 1 collectors, The prices were obvioulsy affected but slowly stabilized and will sreadily come up again. The prices on the Bone 1s will be affected in the short term but will slowly rise over the years. This allows for a more realistic marketplace.

As to a 9.4 number 1, IMHO $1000 is still a steal. I think they will still sell for 1100-1400.

duly noted (thumbs u

and now posted on feebay :whistle: