• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

I first bought a few Bakers in 2014... to flip them to those suckers who seemed to be paying outlandish prices for lowly romance books. Welp, you can see how that worked out.  doh!

On 8/24/2023 at 4:14 PM, Point Five said:

I first bought a few Bakers in 2014... to flip them to those suckers who seemed to be paying outlandish prices for lowly romance books. Welp, you can see how that worked out.  doh!

I did the same thing, around the same time, for marginal profits I probably spent on pizza and pop rocks. I wish I had every one of those books back.

On 8/24/2023 at 6:57 PM, Ryan. said:

I did the same thing, around the same time, for marginal profits I probably spent on pizza and pop rocks. I wish I had every one of those books back.

Definitely relatable. I've sold a bunch over the years; was fortunate to acquire them at a faster rate I guess. 

On 8/18/2023 at 8:15 PM, szav said:

I went big for one last night.  I know at any given time there's like 30 of these in VG- or worse shape for sale on eBay, but I like the genuine file copies and this one has the best back cover of the 3 Baker Lassies IMO.  Love the painted covers by Gollub too.

image.png.1f775caee17767ae3825b81fc2f834fd.png

image.png.ef12b797062ac03a59b39a379bb233f4.png

I took your advice and picked up a so-called 6.0 on ebay for 11 bucks...It's good to be ME...lol

On 9/5/2023 at 4:13 AM, comicnoir said:

I don't know for sure. She thought at the time the CL was 4.5/5.0.

I bought a lot of books from her as she upgraded around that time but was not able to get any lower grade issues of those particular issues.

Market price now is beyond my ability to add to my collection and I focus on buying  Canadian comics.

I wish I did but I'm just holding what I have now to sell when it feels right and will probably get them graded first. 

On 9/5/2023 at 7:57 PM, Subliminal said:

I bought a lot of books from her as she upgraded around that time but was not able to get any lower grade issues of those particular issues.

Market price now is beyond my ability to add to my collection and I focus on buying  Canadian comics.

I wish I did but I'm just holding what I have now to sell when it feels right and will probably get them graded first. 

She had another copy that was higher graded, but liked the colors on this one better. Whether she kept them both, I don't know.