• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,350 posts in this topic

Agreed that TLP 10 is a great cover that is underappreciated. Its problem is over abundance. I've seen dozens of them over the past 15 years. Another very common book is Pictorial Romances 16. At one time, Metropolis had something like 4 or 5 copies for sale, all at the same time. In the case of that book, though, it's additionally burdened by not being the greatest cover Baker ever did.

True about PR 16. Almost makes me wonder if there might have been a warehouse find.

Interesting. On a related note does anyone have a top 5 list of most common to find Baker romance books - even if they are not exactly falling off of trees :)

That's a tough question to answer. I wouldn't say any of them are truly common. I can only speak in general terms of how many copies of a book, relative to other individual issues, I personally have seen over an extended period of years.

Aside from the books already mentioned, I've heard a rumor about an old warehouse find of copies of True Love Pictorial 3. I can't say that I've seen a whole lot of them over the years, but it might help explain why there's a freakish 9.6 copy in the CGC census.

When i first started looking for copies on ebay, I noticed a number of Teen-age Romances #1. That has changed and I haven't seen one in ages.

I love this book. And try to find a copy!

all-trueall-picturepolicecases2.jpeg

Here's one. And the only one other than yours that I have seen...

comalltrueallpic2_zpsb4284b24.jpg

Great copy Robot Man. It was nice meeting you at Terry's convention.

A few random giants:

photo IMG_0137_zpsdyicaskk.jpg

Whoa! That's quite a collection. Some very, very tough books in there.
Thanks Tony. Apologies for the poor quality shot. I plan on posting some better quality shots of some of my Baker runs and other obscure romance related items in the coming days.

A few random giants:

As near as I can tell, you're only missing True Love Pictorial 3, 4, All Picture All True Love Story 2, both All Picture Adventures, and both All True All Picture Police Cases. (Oh, and All Picture Comedy Carnival 1.) Edited by 29dukedog

A few random giants:

As near as I can tell, you're only missing True Love Pictorial 3, 4, All Picture All True Love Story 2, both All Picture Adventures, and both All True All Picture Police Cases. (Oh, and All Picture Comedy 1.)
I have some of those, but not all. I will post an updated shot later tonight.

Impressive set :applause:

That's a lot of good Baker reading! :cloud9:

Impressive set :applause:

That's a lot of good Baker reading! :cloud9:

Thank you! I was lucky enough to start collecting Baker very seriously in the early 90s. But in a fit of insanity, I sold some of my Baker romance runs. (Fortunately I did keep most though). Looking forward to completing those runs once more.

I will be posting a few more of my runs over the next few days.