• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2021 at 3:16 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Which one's?  I don't have a lot of them...

Send me a PM with what you have. I’m better at pics than issue/title. And I have to check my own stuff; pretty sure I have the tennis cover but need to verify. 

Very true, I've had a copy for a long time but definitely not in

On 7/31/2021 at 3:45 PM, Robot Man said:

I am actually a huge fan of this one. No where near the later, more refined romance stuff. I guess it’s the race cars, the colors and the cute babe in coveralls. It is by far the toughest Crown and rarely seen. I’ve never seen a copy above fine. 

high grade.

crown comics7.jpg

On 7/31/2021 at 12:02 PM, szav said:

No chatter about this one yet?  Not my favorite, or even what I'd call an above average Baker cover, just a rare in good shape one.  Definitely curious to see how it goes after that 8.5 went close to 2k.  Could this be a 5 figure book?

You just don't see Bakers above 9.0 that often and this one is very pretty ... on the front at least.  Seen worse shadowing and staining on the back cover of Promise 9.8s I guess, hah.

image.png.1a849287196dc850e1c6d21674728e73.png

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/crown-comics-7-the-promise-collection-pedigree-mccombs-publishing-1946-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7246-19375.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

This has been high on my list for years. I have never seen one in person...

On 8/28/2021 at 7:44 AM, sagii said:

Not the more 'coveted' Bakers, but these are special to me. Made it a focus to collect because i already chase enough pricey stuff ,but at least i'd have Matt Baker romance represented in my collection. I present, the 13 Quality Comics Romance covers in all their glory. Some are very tough (Love Secrets #40 and Heart Throbs #30 especially).

Baker Quality group shot.jpeg

Hey there are coveted by me.. great conditions on nice books 

Not the more 'coveted' Bakers, but these are special to me. Made it a focus to collect because i already chase enough pricey stuff ,but at least i'd have Matt Baker romance represented in my collection. I present, the 13 Quality Comics Romance covers in all their glory. Some are very tough (Love Secrets #40 and Heart Throbs #30 especially).

Here's another group of Quality.  Looks like you're missing a Wedding Bells....:baiting:

100_1262[1].jpg

Congrats! That is a pretty hard set to put together.