• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,371 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2021 at 12:38 PM, Dr. Love said:

Joanna's greatest hits - of which there are many.  Her interest in romance books starts with Baker, but does not end there.

Joanna, your collection and participation in discussion of the genre made a big impression on me  :foryou:

For instance, she receives a credit in The Art of Glamour and in fact conducted a fascinating interview with Fred Robinson, Matt's brother, almost 12 years ago to the day.  It's filled with insightful and interesting questions about Matt and what he was like to live with.  A must read!  Great takeaways you won't see elsewhere:

"No, I don't think he (Baker) cared for Colletta that much.  That was definitely a necessity thing."

"At 37 he (Baker) talked about how his hair was thinning, and he didn't like that prospect at all."

Fred didn't know the source for CL25.  But now we do, eh Joanna?

Thank you, how cool is it that the source for CL25 was uncovered. The cover for this Greek magazine is an incredible find and also to know he used this source for a Flamingo swipe as well.

Edited by JvR11

On 10/3/2021 at 11:10 AM, JvR11 said:

I have never seen a high grade of this TR 12. Does anyone have a high grade of this one? My copy is detached but still a great one to have. I like this cover because the interior story is about the background characters.

TR12.jpg

Superworld has a vg copy for sale on their site.

On 10/3/2021 at 1:18 PM, eschnit said:

Great book for Baker fans.  I’ll have to revisit for that interview...

5FCA33DB-5F22-487A-993B-38D5A7CD3770.jpeg

Funny you mention this book; my copy is en route and should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward!