• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,324 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2021 at 11:02 AM, szav said:

So how long have we waited to see how a CL 25 would do on HA?  Here it is, no scan yet but based on how sakes on the boards went seems like 10k easy for a 4.5 right?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/cinderella-love-25-st-john-1954-cgc-vg-45-white-pages/p/7248-75001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

:popcorn: definitely

Edited by Changer

On 9/28/2021 at 7:20 PM, Point Five said:

So pleased to have landed this tough Teen-Age Romances. The few times I've seen one of these for sale it has been thrashed or badly faded, but this one has nice rich inks. Love the unusual color scheme, the baseball setting, the racy dialogue and everything else about it! One of those lovely 'captured moment in time' covers that Baker just excelled at.

so

Nice book.  She looks so enamored.  He appears pleading yet so matter-of-fact.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:20 PM, Point Five said:

So pleased to have landed this tough Teen-Age Romances. The few times I've seen one of these for sale it has been thrashed or badly faded, but this one has nice rich inks. Love the unusual color scheme, the baseball setting, the racy dialogue and everything else about it! One of those lovely 'captured moment in time' covers that Baker just excelled at.

teenageromances33.thumb.jpg.aa7db73667960184b85cc08d69ec2639.jpg

Nice Book! Congrats!  One of the very few Bakers I'm still hunting...

On 9/29/2021 at 8:40 PM, Robot Man said:

Nice Book! Congrats!  One of the very few Bakers I'm still hunting...

Thanks! Oddly enough, there’s a second fairly similar copy up on HA right now. (The condition is maybe even a bit better than mine, but the reds are weaker which I think would bug me.)

On 9/28/2021 at 8:20 PM, Point Five said:

teenageromances33.thumb.jpg.aa7db73667960184b85cc08d69ec2639.jpg

"Sure Slugger, but gee, Momma is sure going to be sore in the morning... ". GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 10/1/2021 at 10:42 PM, Point Five said:

Just noticed that back in June, a raw VG Cinderella Love #29 went for $2760 on HA. I love the cover, but damn!

Depends on who was grading it.... if it was a Payette VG, I could see it. GOD BL,ESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Cool, got it. There were two other recent CL29 sales on ebay and I thought those prices were pretty soft, but admittedly the copies were not in slabs & neither were as nice as the HA 4.0 or the ebay 4.5. And I certainly trust Rick re pricing.