• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,324 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2021 at 10:45 PM, szav said:

It got sadly quiet for about a year and fell even past the 5th page at times, particularly after Sqeggs ghosted...and the drop in chatter seemed to coincide perfectly with the pause in Baker prices (which was even a drop for VG and lower it seemed).  I think it was just a matter of Bakers hitting a temporary peak prior to the covid run up everything else saw and seemingly not reaping the full benefit.  Of late though prices seem to be surging across the board Baker romance, and non romance.   Happy with all the better non romance I got while it was still obtainable at upper middle class prices.  Pretty much given up on getting any upgrades now.

Thanks for the update. I'll add some images to the thread. I'd love to see yours and everyones favorite covers they own. I don't have a high grade but my favorite cover is CL26. I was trying to find the image of my best Baker find but I can't seem to locate it. There was once an auction I went to where you had to bid by the box and my heart pounded when there was Baker after Baker in this box. This guy knew he liked Baker. I sold most of it off and kept some of the ones I needed to fill in my collection.

On 10/2/2021 at 9:04 PM, Point Five said:

Cool, got it. There were two other recent CL29 sales on ebay and I thought those prices were pretty soft, but admittedly the copies were not in slabs & neither were as nice as the HA 4.0 or the ebay 4.5. And I certainly trust Rick re pricing. 

Even the copy with a big chunk cut out of the back cover?

On 10/2/2021 at 10:25 PM, JvR11 said:

Nice to see the 2008 thread lives on the first page! I was recently looking at the HA auctions coming up. I'm sure these Bakers will fetch a premium as they deserve. I kind of weep a little to think of all the ones I let go at fractions of the prices. But, glad I have the ones I do. I have All Picture All True 1 8.5 but never was able to get the 2. Probably never will unless it's at a local garage sale.

APATLSa.jpg

I remember when you got this. I wasn't even on the boards yet, but we were talking because I saw you bidding on ebay. I mentioned seeing this, which was out of my price range. You said you were negotiating with the owner.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:21 AM, manetteska said:

Even the copy with a big chunk cut out of the back cover?

Fair enough, that's the $799 copy and I missed that. Makes the $660 copy really look like a steal.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:06 AM, Point Five said:

Fair enough, that's the $799 copy and I missed that. Makes the $660 copy really look like a steal.

I should have bid on the $660 but haven’t had good luck recently buying off of eBay. I probably would have opened the bag and had the cover break off as I counted pages.