• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,324 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, sagii said:

Didn't know that Wedding Bells was 'called' for Baker, it always looked like his to me . 

So one more to go! Lol!

Nice set sir! 

I just ventured over to GCD to review the interior contents and there are no credits for any of the stories (Wedding Bells 19).  There is a Baker interior story, but the cover art is not for the Baker story so it's a bit of a stretch to absolutely give him the pencils credit.  Not a bad cover though!

100_1274.JPG

On 8/29/2021 at 7:40 PM, Yorick said:

I just ventured over to GCD to review the interior contents and there are no credits for any of the stories (Wedding Bells 19).  There is a Baker interior story, but the cover art is not for the Baker story so it's a bit of a stretch to absolutely give him the pencils credit.  Not a bad cover though!

100_1274.JPG

Not a bad cover at all :applause:

The man was a workhorse!

On 9/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, szav said:

$9,000…. Nice.  Looks like there are Promise Collection APCs coming up in the weeklies, although 6 was skipped and it’s just the early non Bakers so far.  I’m assuming 6 is in there and being held for an event auction,

!!, do you know how many Baker Cover APC are there coming ? 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, szav said:

$9,000…. Nice.  Looks like there are Promise Collection APCs coming up in the weeklies, although 6 was skipped and it’s just the early non Bakers so far.  I’m assuming 6 is in there and being held for an event auction,

And I thought I might be able to win this book....:sorry:

Should have gone harder at the feebay copy a few weeks back.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:54 PM, szav said:

Ugh,,, don't think I can afford a second Promise Collection book.  I'll probably just have to content myself with my years ago cheaply acquired Joe Nacca NM copy.

WesternBanditTrails2cgc75.jpg

That would do for me as well

On 9/14/2021 at 1:54 PM, szav said:

Ugh,,, don't think I can afford a second Promise Collection book.  I'll probably just have to content myself with my years ago cheaply acquired Joe Nacca NM copy.

WesternBanditTrails2cgc75.jpg

That would do for me as well 

On 9/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, szav said:

So how long have we waited to see how a CL 25 would do on HA?  Here it is, no scan yet but based on how sakes on the boards went seems like 10k easy for a 4.5 right?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/cinderella-love-25-st-john-1954-cgc-vg-45-white-pages/p/7248-75001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Actually they have sold a CL 25 in the past. In a romance lot, I'll have to dig it up. Went to Joanna many years ago. Isn't it great when someone like me knows more about their business than they do?

On 9/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, szav said:

So how long have we waited to see how a CL 25 would do on HA?  Here it is, no scan yet but based on how sakes on the boards went seems like 10k easy for a 4.5 right?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/cinderella-love-25-st-john-1954-cgc-vg-45-white-pages/p/7248-75001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

easily