• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-Graded-4-0-SPIDERMAN-/270707282541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0769526d

Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC Graded 4.0 SPIDERMAN

Must Have 'KEY' Issue for Collectors

Item condition: --

Ended: Feb 20, 201120:36:30 PST

Bid history: 34 bids

Winning bid: US $6,456.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-Graded-4-0-SPIDERMAN-/270710596642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f079be422

Ended: Feb 22, 201116:17:50 PST

Sold For: US $5,800.00

Same book relisted 2 days later. who knows what the heck is going on with these ebay private listing deals hm if you know what i mean hm

I knew the $6.4k hammer price was a bit on the high side

Good find. Very fishy. If the original buyer at $6456 backed out or was a shill why didn't he just offer to the second or third place bidders? Why relist it for 1 day?

+1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-Graded-4-0-SPIDERMAN-/270707282541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0769526d

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-Graded-4-0-SPIDERMAN-/270710596642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f079be422

Same book relisted 2 days later. who knows what the heck is going on with these ebay private listing deals hm if you know what i mean hm

Good find. Very fishy. If the original buyer at $6456 backed out or was a shill why didn't he just offer to the second or third place bidders? Why relist it for 1 day?

If you offer it to a runner up they have 1 day to buy it.

Damn, best buy on an Af #15 I've seen in a long, long time. And on Heritage no less. There were a few steller seals to be had .... if you were not a Comcast Customer.

The AF #15 7.5 has chipping, thus it is a 7.5. Otherwise, it's at least a 9.0-9.2. Obviously someone put this away in a dark place when it was new.

The spine, centering, gloss and color depth are rediculous. Think it's a 9.2 without the chips ?

What's it sell for if more bidders had access ?

IMO, that 7.5 is no more than 6.0. It has MAJOR chipping issues. 3 inches or so of dot/dash chipping and 2 inches of cracks that the printing press blade in '62 was kinder to. The seller should take the 33k and RUN!

And the worst part, it will be chipped when the buyer gets up tomorrow.

severe chips deserve no higher thans cgc 2s

Damn, best buy on an Af #15 I've seen in a long, long time. And on Heritage no less. There were a few steller seals to be had .... if you were not a Comcast Customer.

The AF #15 7.5 has chipping, thus it is a 7.5. Otherwise, it's at least a 9.0-9.2. Obviously someone put this away in a dark place when it was new.

The spine, centering, gloss and color depth are rediculous. Think it's a 9.2 without the chips ?

IMO, that 7.5 is no more than 6.0. It has MAJOR chipping issues. 3 inches or so of dot/dash chipping and 2 inches of cracks that the printing press blade in '62 was kinder to. The seller should take the 33k and RUN!

Nobody likes chips but if the book is structurally an 8.0/8.5 you can't downgrade to a 6.0 or a 2.0 because of chips.

No pun intended but good catch. ;)

Nobody likes chips but if the book is structurally an 8.0/8.5 you can't downgrade to a 6.0 or a 2.0 because of chips.

Let's call it an 8.5 with chips.

But, it still has chips.

Let's call it an 8.5 with chips.

But, it still has chips.

7.5 with chips...7.0 with chips...6.0 with chips. (:

Making grading generalizations about chipping without including measurements for its severity is mostly pointless.

Making grading generalizations about chipping without including measurements for its severity is mostly pointless.

I know it is general, but not all copy with chips are created equal. A copy with one noticeable small chip should not loose the eye appeal than a copy with major chips in the same grade. Each copy in each grade should be valued by the eye appeal and the overall structure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-AUG-1962-1ST-SPIDERMAN-/320666995123?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa93e09b3

"There is also some slight color variations on the cover that do not effect the gloss when viewing at an angle, I am also told that it was printed this way."

My question to people bidding that kind of money on a raw AF 15 is.... Are people smoking crack or just in need of better glasses?