• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Yep, it's now being offered in the For Sale section for $22,222. Earlier today I received an email for another 6.5 For Sale where the buyer's lookin' at gettin' a mere $34,850! :o Why can't 5.0-6.0's pop up for sale as often as these 6.5-7.5's have been lately? (shrug)

Yep, it's now being offered in the For Sale section for $22,222. Earlier today I received an email for another 6.5 For Sale where the buyer's lookin' at gettin' a mere $34,850! :o Why can't 5.0-6.0's pop up for sale as often as these 6.5-7.5's have been lately? (shrug)

I might be wrong but i think the reserve was too high for a 6.5 cow. 21k was high enough. A reserve above that goes against the entire point of an AUCTION. if he wanted at least 22k, just put it in the freaking For Sale section to begin with and dont waste everyones time! rantrant

Last CGC 6.5 on GPA is @ $25,000. I think that was my old copy that Gator recorded. I think the seller was probably looking to get just a little more...

from 2008-2010; there were a bunch af15cgc 5.0 free of marvel chipping up for sale or auction (thumbs u

Last CGC 6.5 on GPA is @ $25,000. I think that was my old copy that Gator recorded. I think the seller was probably looking to get just a little more...

No, i understand that but an auction is a risk. I hate all these dang reserve auctions now. It's getting to be like eBay with insane high BIN's. The reserve in a auction imo should NOT be the previous GPA sale. a fair reserve should be set so the book doesnt get stolen for nothing but not so high that decent legitimate bids dont hit it.

Just my opinion but 21k was a fair price for a 6.5cow and should have hit reserve. Like i said, thats just me. I'm a buyer primarily so obviously i look at it differently than people that do a lot of selling.

I might be wrong but i think the reserve was too high for a 6.5 cow. 21k was high enough. A reserve above that goes against the entire point of an AUCTION. if he wanted at least 22k, just put it in the freaking For Sale section to begin with and dont waste everyones time! rantrant

I agree 100%, what a total waste of time to be off $1,222. I just don't get it, why be so greedy in an auction setting?

so how did the AF 15 7.0 and 7.5 did in the Heritage auction? I can't connect at all...as if I have money to bid on anything :tonofbricks:

They went for similar price.

Chipped 7.5 went for about $32K w/BP

Sig Series 7.0 went for about $33K w/BP

That was a really nice looking 7.0

thanks....I am so bum I can't access the damn web site.

Borock just posted in General and GA forums.

You can call Heritage if you want to bid on something.

They've stopped the auction in an attempt to fix the problem.

Steve said iPhone should work.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and also have no problems.

I think it is a provider issue

I tried my Iphone, Ipad, Imac, IBook and all 4 couldn't work at all.

I did try to call but since I have no connection, I don't know what lots to tell them....duh...time to pick up my son...oh well, I won't spend any money today. doh!

so how did the AF 15 7.0 and 7.5 did in the Heritage auction? I can't connect at all...as if I have money to bid on anything :tonofbricks:

I was high on the 7.0 for a long time...really liked the look of that book...wouldn't have gone higher, but might have poked the 7.5 up a notch if I could have connected...c'est la vie

I was high on the 7.0 for a long time...really liked the look of that book...wouldn't have gone higher, but might have poked the 7.5 up a notch if I could have connected...c'est la vie

ah you had your eye on the 7,5, thats why you didnt answer my qustion in the ask gator thread on the possible hammer price :idea: (thumbs u

ah you had your eye on the 7,5, thats why you didnt answer my qustion in the ask gator thread on the possible hammer price :idea: (thumbs u

actually, I never saw it...sorry...or I would have said "I refrain due to personal interest" or something like that...was not intentional that I missed it :sorry:

actually, I never saw it...sorry...or I would have said "I refrain due to personal interest" or something like that...was not intentional that I missed it :sorry:

Full of Bull. lol

And a really bad-looking 7.5. I just can't fathom why CGC doesn't downgrade more for chipping. :screwy: The market always values high-grade books with significant shipping far less than the CGC grade would otherwise indicate. The last 7.5 I saw sell was peewee's copy that I think went for around $12K more, and peewee's book also sold for almost $20K more than this chipped 7.5 about a year before he got it.

And a really bad-looking 7.5. I just can't fathom why CGC doesn't downgrade more for chipping. :screwy: The market always values high-grade books with significant shipping far less than the CGC grade would otherwise indicate. The last 7.5 I saw sell was peewee's copy that I think went for around $12K more, and peewee's book also sold for almost $20K more than this chipped 7.5 about a year before he got it.

A chipped book (depending on the severity) should never be graded above 6.0 IMO.