• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

so how did the AF 15 7.0 and 7.5 did in the Heritage auction? I can't connect at all...as if I have money to bid on anything :tonofbricks:

They went for similar price.

Chipped 7.5 went for about $32K w/BP

Sig Series 7.0 went for about $33K w/BP

That was a really nice looking 7.0

And a really bad-looking 7.5. I just can't fathom why CGC doesn't downgrade more for chipping. :screwy: The market always values high-grade books with significant shipping far less than the CGC grade would otherwise indicate. The last 7.5 I saw sell was peewee's copy that I think went for around $12K more, and peewee's book also sold for almost $20K more than this chipped 7.5 about a year before he got it.

A chipped book (depending on the severity) should never be graded above 6.0 IMO.

(thumbs u

I'm not a fan of MC for sure but for a book like AF15, Hulk1 or FF1, it wouldnt be a deal breaker for me as long as it isn't too bad. That being said, I made a point to find a AF15 for my son without ANY MC.

I'm not a fan of MC for sure but for a book like AF15, Hulk1 or FF1, it wouldnt be a deal breaker for me as long as it isn't too bad. That being said, I made a point to find a AF15 for my son without ANY MC.

Great choice and your son would not be asking you what happen to the cover, a piece fell out. lol

With AF15s out there available in all grade "with and without" chips, WHY buy the chips? (shrug)

I work too hard for my paycheck.

With AF15s out there available in all grade "with and without" chips, WHY buy the chips? (shrug)

(worship)

AF15 for my son

PSSSST -- your wife isn't reading the forums, no need to keep up the salesmanship. :gossip::baiting:

The few times I haven't said "my sons" talking about it, everybody jumped down throat telling me it wasn't mine and to say "my sons" (thumbs u

P.s- my wife probably IS reading these to male sure I'm not having some secret affair on here hm

(worship)

(worship)

Damn, best buy on an Af #15 I've seen in a long, long time. And on Heritage no less. There were a few steller seals to be had .... if you were not a Comcast Customer.

The AF #15 7.5 has chipping, thus it is a 7.5. Otherwise, it's at least a 9.0-9.2. Obviously someone put this away in a dark place when it was new.

The spine, centering, gloss and color depth are rediculous. Think it's a 9.2 without the chips ?

What's it sell for if more bidders had access ?

Damn, best buy on an Af #15 I've seen in a long, long time. And on Heritage no less. There were a few steller seals to be had .... if you were not a Comcast Customer.

The AF #15 7.5 has chipping, thus it is a 7.5. Otherwise, it's at least a 9.0-9.2. Obviously someone put this away in a dark place when it was new.

The spine, centering, gloss and color depth are rediculous. Think it's a 9.2 without the chips ?

What's it sell for if more bidders had access ?

IMO, that 7.5 is no more than 6.0. It has MAJOR chipping issues. 3 inches or so of dot/dash chipping and 2 inches of cracks that the printing press blade in '62 was kinder to. The seller should take the 33k and RUN!

And the worst part, it will be chipped when the buyer gets up tomorrow.

I gotta agree with peewee22 on this one. I think the seller made out like a bandit at that hammer price! The 7.0 was much nicer looking IMO, but that sig killed it for me! Ink is ink on the cover like that. Would much rather have one with "Stan Lee written on inside first page, 1979" instead. :cloud9:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-Graded-4-0-SPIDERMAN-/270707282541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0769526d

Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC Graded 4.0 SPIDERMAN

Must Have 'KEY' Issue for Collectors

Item condition: --

Ended: Feb 20, 201120:36:30 PST

Bid history: 34 bids

Winning bid: US $6,456.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-Graded-4-0-SPIDERMAN-/270710596642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f079be422

Ended: Feb 22, 201116:17:50 PST

Sold For: US $5,800.00

Same book relisted 2 days later. who knows what the heck is going on with these ebay private listing deals hm if you know what i mean hm

I knew the $6.4k hammer price was a bit on the high side

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-Graded-4-0-SPIDERMAN-/270707282541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0769526d

Must Have 'KEY' Issue for Collectors

Ended: Feb 20, 201120:36:30 PST

Bid history: 34 bids

Winning bid: US $6,456.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-Graded-4-0-SPIDERMAN-/270710596642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f079be422

Ended: Feb 22, 201116:17:50 PST

Sold For: US $5,800.00

Same book relisted 2 days later. who knows what the heck is going on with these ebay private listing deals hm if you know what i mean hm

I knew the $6.4k hammer price was a bit on the high side

Good find. Very fishy. If the original buyer at $6456 backed out or was a shill why didn't he just offer to the second or third place bidders? Why relist it for 1 day?