• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

See me I start out one way and never finish.

It started out to be a sweater shirt, turned into boots like KiSss, and ended up with a one sided flapper shirt with some sewn spandex!

IMG_20230914_220443360.jpg

On 9/14/2023 at 11:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you read correctly I DID SAY it WASNT thrown together, and that it had its fluidity (thumbsu

I tried to draw something to post in the thread but ruined it inking 😂

Believe it or not every stroke of those two was very intentional, these were a little bit more expressionist

20201104_122102.jpg

On 9/14/2023 at 11:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I'm pitiful 😭

Just keep working at it, maybe do something other than line drawing. Ever try pastels? You can actually smooth them out with a brush and turpentine and it is like oil paint except dries a lot faster.

Edited by the blob

On 9/14/2023 at 10:12 PM, the blob said:

Believe it or not every stroke of those two was very intentional, these were a little bit more expressionist

20201104_122102.jpg

Some definitely look more intentional than others, which I was trying to pay compliment forward lol

It isn't always about subject matter for me, if it is cohesive and shaded right I'm content. :)

I have a question, looking at my 25 jokers up there, do folks think the white backgrounds on some are ok or should I re-work them to have background colors or something like on some of them? I am a little torn and it is always a weird one going back to a painting 3 years later. My goal all along was to mount these on a larger backing and have a really big painting, so from that perspective it feels like a lot of white. 

On 9/12/2023 at 4:12 PM, the blob said:

Wow, I cannot believe nobody has posted since June. I thought this place was full of aspiring artists, not just 9.8 chasers?

Anyway, I painted a bit while incapacitated with my achilles near the beach, here are few. The second one was painted the long way, but I kind of like it this way with the figure sort of laying down.

F6C0DD4E-FD58-49A6-93CC-786BE1EB8D1B.jpeg

F63FD889-6F08-4A0D-ABE3-5C743285AD96.jpeg

Hope the rehab is going well...always keep painting though...nice

On 9/13/2023 at 10:22 AM, Crimebuster said:

Almost 5 years after I started working on my first comic, I'm super excited to say that the first trade collection of my series The Crimebusters is now live on Kickstarter. It collects The Crimebusters #1-5 in one volume, and I've also had the whole series colored -- issues #1-3 were originally in black and white -- so it's a new experience for readers. 

Besides writing the comic, I also drew the first four issues and still do some of the variant covers each issue. The cover for the regular version of the TPB is the cover I did for issue #2, but with new trade dress:

coverprotypesmall.jpg.1afca51c43f30da82abcd0307e3231d1.jpg

The series, which is my ode to classic mystery adventure series like The Three Investigators and Scooby-Doo, also continues the continuity from the Crimebuster strip in the Golden Age series Boy Comics. So every issue I had a Boy Comics variant cover that continues the numbering. Here's the Boy Comics variant for the trade, which is an homage to Jim Steranko's classic Captain America poster:

BoyComicsvariant-coverprotypesmall.jpg.8003ad26f8005dee54762e46e52e4c6d.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has supported me here on the forums, I really appreciate it very much!

Here's the link again for the Kickstarter if anyone is interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thecrimebusters/crimebusters-vol-1/

Great work!

On 9/15/2023 at 1:16 PM, CJ Design said:

Hope the rehab is going well...always keep painting though...nice

I go in and out of it. I started painting again late 2020 because I was trapped in the house. This summer i went back because I was getting planted outside by my wife unable to move much while she enjoyed her summer at the beach, pool, etc. with my kid. I was sitting in the outdoor lounge of our beach club and needed something to do. I start getting sleepy after reading 5 pages of a book apparently.

On 9/15/2023 at 1:26 PM, CJ Design said:

OK you've shamed me as I'm drawing and painting everyday...I just don't want to bore people...I'll trickle some out

A Pencil Red Sonja on 11x17

A Backing Board Catwoman

A 11x17 Watercolor/Gouache Jungle dude.

wsonja (4).jpg

zcw (2).jpg

wjungle (2).jpg

cool stuff. don't get me wrong, I doodle/sketch plenty on random pieces of paper. I didn't go three years in between anything "artistic" (not saying you are doodling, that Red Sonja could be a pinup in Savage Sword), just getting the paints out is more of a project for me. I am constantly terrified of knocking over the dirty water container on to one of the rugs we just spent $300 cleaning. 

On 10/2/2023 at 8:07 PM, Senormac said:

Some of you might be aware of an independent comic I've been producing for a few years called Spike Mulligan.  I have made it to issue 8 which is pretty amazing in my thinking and it's been really fun putting it all together.  I posted lots of progress shots here in this thread over the years.  I did the artwork for the first 6 issues (except for the covers) and my friend Jack Dickason did the last two issues (#7 + #8) completely.  Pencils and inks.   He is way better than I. 

Anyways, Jack has a couple of original pages from issue #7 up in the current CLINK auction with about a week to go.   Not Gee pages mind you, but still nice ones IMO.  It would be awesome if someone here got them.  Here are scans of them from Spike #7. 

Comic Link :: Search Results for jack dickason Comic Books For Sale and Auction

zzzzzIMG_2792.thumb.jpg.5f51a974b10343c084e9f0713972e938.jpg  zzzzzspikepages.thumb.jpg.e5a2d0c9aee48ff3bd793d78b903cf22.jpg

zzzspike7.n.thumb.JPG.12283711b85e18839be76ad9ac20a25c.JPG  zzzspike7.q.thumb.jpg.8ee198dde959c9791d76d83e36025b74.jpg

Awesome awesome awesome 😎