• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

My subject matter always includes nature in one way or another. I like to create on the border between what could be real and what’s probably not. Anything that requires you to conjure what happened or is happening… Here are three of my recent paintings, all acrylic on canvas.

Screenshot_1.png.3fb0dcb6b94586e4f8a8c314b66dd9d4.png

Edited by darrion11

On 1/17/2023 at 11:47 AM, CJ Design said:

Some newer work as I'm getting some speed Back...finishing some paintings (watercolor and gouache) that were  pencil sketched before surgery, a few years ago. An alley deal gone bad w/ 1950 Chevy and a Famous 1960 Fort Worth, TX Tiki Bar/Polynesian Restaurant in a icon Hotel.. Excuse the poor photos.  Some other Comic X-men series coming next.

baaaaaad1.jpg

renpaintinga (3).jpg

Love the depth of the Tiki bar piece!

On 2/13/2023 at 2:52 AM, Mio said:

Hi all

I have not posted in a long time .. here are some new and newish works from my ongoing Frilandsmuseet series. Not comic-related at all, but this is all I do now!

Have a nice day, everyone

Antique Bottles, Frilandsmuseet FRAMED.jpg

Figure in Doorway FRAMED.jpg

Kitchen Corner FRAMED.jpg

Stone Wall Interior White Frame.jpg

Tiny Room, Frilandsmuseet FRAMED.jpg

Wooden Jug White Frame.jpg

Classic beautiful work and technique. Excellent complimentary frames also

This thread shouldn’t be on page 4.  So much great work in here, and I’m hoping people start sharing more again.:cloud9:

I personally have nothing to contribute, but a friend did this for me so I thought I’d share since it’s hero related. 18x24 acrylic on canvas
49237681-DB93-4A55-B961-6572FA1D9AE7.thumb.jpeg.e1e643be214ac593e845201a3fb4818b.jpeg

This is more the kind of stuff they like to do....

B408F5A9-34B2-4AF6-88FB-0271DBFD6C3C.jpeg.bc9b47a2976cd5bcaf3f17175ec14aec.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 3/7/2023 at 8:06 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

This thread shouldn’t be on page 4.  So much great work in here, and I’m hoping people start sharing more again.:cloud9:

I personally have nothing to contribute, but a friend did this for me so I thought I’d share since it’s hero related. 18x24 acrylic on canvas
49237681-DB93-4A55-B961-6572FA1D9AE7.thumb.jpeg.e1e643be214ac593e845201a3fb4818b.jpeg

This is more the kind of stuff they like to do....

B408F5A9-34B2-4AF6-88FB-0271DBFD6C3C.jpeg.bc9b47a2976cd5bcaf3f17175ec14aec.jpeg

Like them both, but really dig the 2nd...a true Mid Century Style!

A few more if you don't mind...the 1st is an impromptu painting I did a few weeks before X-mas as a gift for two very special people and their puppy. I took their age back to pre-teens and gave them the beautiful view I had for 22 summers. I harkened back to a more traditional style of Watercolor as it's been a while, and I just started painting...no under drawing. A very therapeutic work as it had me traveling back to a place I haven't been in a few years...since my Dad passed. Private Collection.

The Second (from the Vanishing America Series I've done ) was cobbled together from a few small crappy Black and White OLD photos. It took me forever researching to find where the West Virginia Diner was...it was The WEST VIRGINIA Diner in Upstate NY-Mechanicville! I added some color and was happy with it. It's a crappy pic of the art..sold a while back. 

whpnt (4).jpg

wvadinar 1 (2).jpg

On 3/15/2023 at 9:11 AM, Complex306 said:

Been awhile since I posted anything here, so here's a few, including a custom shortbox

20230314_152800.jpg

20230313_012628.jpg

Love the white-on-black work - reminds me of scratchboard. Sweet style!

I already shared one of the homage covers I drew for the first issue my new comic book series Quest, but I wanted to share one more.

Dungeons & Dragons is one of the big influences for Quest, so I wanted to do a D&D homage cover. 

This version isn't just a variant cover, though. I'm working with a dungeon master I know, and we're going to add 8 bonus pages of game supplement material so people who buy this version will be able to play the story from this issue in their own home game if they want. 

Here's the variant I drew, which is based on the cover for the 1982 module "The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" by Erol Otus. I tweaked it by changing the ratio of the art firstly, then swapping in my characters and monster, and fiddling with the color scheme. 

vhess1-rpg.png.3c4be40add92dd1b2a8714836f9aa284.png

The "CCG" on the cover is short for Crimebuster Comics Group. Nothing to do with slabbing! 😁

I'm hoping to bring the first issue to Kickstarter next month, though the pre-launch page is already live. Thanks for looking! 🤗

On 4/14/2023 at 8:37 PM, Crimebuster said:

I already shared one of the homage covers I drew for the first issue my new comic book series Quest, but I wanted to share one more.

Dungeons & Dragons is one of the big influences for Quest, so I wanted to do a D&D homage cover. 

This version isn't just a variant cover, though. I'm working with a dungeon master I know, and we're going to add 8 bonus pages of game supplement material so people who buy this version will be able to play the story from this issue in their own home game if they want. 

Here's the variant I drew, which is based on the cover for the 1982 module "The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" by Erol Otus. I tweaked it by changing the ratio of the art firstly, then swapping in my characters and monster, and fiddling with the color scheme. 

vhess1-rpg.png.3c4be40add92dd1b2a8714836f9aa284.png

The "CCG" on the cover is short for Crimebuster Comics Group. Nothing to do with slabbing! 😁

I'm hoping to bring the first issue to Kickstarter next month, though the pre-launch page is already live. Thanks for looking! 🤗

Very Nice...best of luck!