• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

OTTLEY!!!

14473466941_31a00f23af_c.jpg

image by tankcomics, on Flickr

14476814765_d4c3d83e52_c.jpg

image by tankcomics, on Flickr

I wanted a sketch but he was booked........ Drag :/

I was one of the 1st to b-line to Ottley at Denver Comic Con.

He was already full at that point!!!!!

But he could do head sketches.

I wondering if his polite way of saying that he only wants to do a head sketch at the shows.

Patrick

Ryan puts a ton in to his sketches, and when he is trying to man the table, talk to people, maybe sell some other stuff too it's almost impossible to take any sort of bigger sketch list. Exhibitors and dealers usually take up most of his list at a show since they are in first thing.

I remember going to SDCC for the very first time in 08 just to see Ryan and get a sketch.

I hope Invincible explodes someday like TWD did. Nobody deserves that kind of recognition more than Ryan.

Ryan puts a ton in to his sketches, and when he is trying to man the table, talk to people, maybe sell some other stuff too it's almost impossible to take any sort of bigger sketch list. Exhibitors and dealers usually take up most of his list at a show since they are in first thing.

My comment doesn't have anything to do with Ryan specifically, but the dealer/exhibitor pre-show thing bugs the HELL out of me.

In all honesty, there is little point for the average comic person to go to shows. One smaller dealer was literally almost bought out before the show even started. I was really happy for him, but irritated for the comic collectors.

He had 3 ASM 129s. 2 were gone before the show even opened. Nearly the entire line of early Silver Age Marvel too. His wall was 3/4's empty!!!!

I'm honestly re-evaluating going to the big cons anymore. It's that much worse when there are nearly no comic artists or writers in attendance. Or the same repeats that have been coming each year (like Fiona Staples, Neal Adams, or J. Scott Campbell).

Patrick

He definitely does. I beelined to him at C2E2 and got on as his last commission. Was really pumped since it will be part of a number of commissions I got done for my wedding. My fiancee grew up a ballet dancer and I love comics so we got a bunch of commissions for table "numbers" that incorporated dance and comics (so like Rogue Tap-dancing).

The Ottley commission was the centerpiece - my fiancee's favorite movie is Dirty Dancing, so it was just too perfect that my favorite comic book artist could draw his characters into the pose from the movie poster.

:cloud9:

BmMaSfWCEAABJmq.jpg

That's a nice commission... love the story...

124382.gif

Just one more thing. How do you get a fiancee to accept a table theme of comic book characters...

and you expect me to believe that Dirty Dancing isn't actually your all time favourite movie?

:applause:

124382.gif

Just one more thing. How do you get a fiancee to accept a table theme of comic book characters...

and you expect me to believe that Dirty Dancing isn't actually your all time favourite movie?

Hahahah - I will have to show off the rest of them soon. I think she gave me this so I would have no say in anything else at the wedding.

124382.gif

hehe ! Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Dirty Dancing.... ;)

Christ! Just read the latest Invincible...

Robot goes on a CRAZY killing spree! Sheesh! So many people down! And the ease he did it! I guess this is a testament to how powerful his drones are.

I really need to do a re-read, it's been a while. I don't know, i'm finding this current arc pretty stressful. I don't want to turn the page :(. Everything is incredible from art/story but I don't know how much of this I can handle lol

Edited by Tuff Ghost