• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,902 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2021 at 6:37 PM, comic_memories said:

Nice copy ! I think its worthwhile to slab issues 1, 7, 8 ,9  but if you go that far and since you have this one you might as well finish it  lol 

I have graded copies of 7 (9.6), 8 (9.4) and 9 (9.4); I also have really nice raw copies of 1-3 (W), 4 (GK & W), 6 (W) and 10 (W). 

I had kind of hoped that the increasing prices for 1 would also include all the others in recognition of the fact that for kids in my generation BotP - along with Shogun Warriors, Micronauts and Godzilla - was like our gateway into Japanese pop-culture that really took off in the 80’s. 

Sadly, it seems the interest in the series is only for 1 based on movie spec hype. Typical. 

On 11/4/2021 at 6:44 PM, Tghutcn said:

This arrived yesterday it’s such a hard book to find in high grade  it seems and I’m now only needing three parts until my avengers defenders war is complete 

E58ECBAE-5A8A-4076-B745-372676631586.jpeg

Awesome! Are these to read or you enjoyed the story already?

Admirable goals!

On 11/4/2021 at 11:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome! Are these to read or you enjoyed the story already?

Admirable goals!

I’ve never read the full story so I’m going to buy all to read and then probably grade 10 but keep the rest raw I have all the avengers parts and have read them so started hunting the other parts because I enjoyed the avengers parts plus it means I get some more surfer appearances of my list

On 11/4/2021 at 6:59 PM, Tghutcn said:

I’ve never read the full story so I’m going to buy all to read and then probably grade 10 but keep the rest raw I have all the avengers parts and have read them so started hunting the other parts because I enjoyed the avengers parts plus it means I get some more surfer appearances of my list

Yes! I had marvel Feature #2&#3 raw for a while, the defenders as a "team" make it work somehow lol

Good to hear it's got some fans as comics :headbang:

On 11/5/2021 at 12:01 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes! I had marvel Feature #2&#3 raw for a while, the defenders as a "team" make it work somehow lol

Good to hear it's got some fans as comics :headbang:

Yeah I love the defenders it’s got that charm of a team where all the members just don’t get along and are reluctantly working together 

On 11/5/2021 at 12:03 AM, MattTheDuck said:

This was probably my favorite cross-over story as a kid.  Unsurprisingly, my copies show they were "well loved" :)

Well loved copies are great cause they have character to them it shows that to someone thought those stories where brilliant 

Edited by Tghutcn

On 11/4/2021 at 7:03 PM, MattTheDuck said:

This was probably my favorite cross-over story as a kid.  Unsurprisingly, my copies show they were "well loved" :)

On 11/4/2021 at 7:10 PM, Tghutcn said:

Yeah I love the defenders it’s got that charm of a team where all the members just don’t get along and are reluctantly working together 

Indeed! Who shows the most patience, who stumbles onto the next clue or breaks down!

Worded so well lol

Who goes forward guessing and somehow aligns the stars to make it work. 

I think the issues I've read it didn't get too out of whack, but was an unlikely group for sure.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM