• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong printing discovered in Returned PGX Graded Book- Do I have legal options?

430 posts in this topic

Think about it, if CGC has graded over a million books and has a back log of grading right now, do you think a second company could make some good $ offering an alternate source for grading? The math does itself here and it really looks like PGX blew a golden opportunity.

I don't think they did, there is very little PROFIT if it is done right. The only way they can make $ is by

A) hiring people who are not experts, so it does not cost much $ for staff and don't use archival products which cost a fortune to manufacture.

B) become criminals

C) both A & B

:gossip: If I was betting on it, I would have to go with C :sorry:

lol

Not sure if you can answer this or not, Steve, but how much does it cost to produce a slab? I'm not talking about total cost (slab, labor, shipping, etc), just how much it costs to manufacture each holder.

If you say there's little profit to be made, you'd certainly be the guy to know.

Dice, no offense, but the guy's under no obligation to answer to you or your "challenge."

Again, can we hold off roasting the guy until at least he gets a lawyer to review his case? I don't think anyone's awarding a prize for being the first to out a scammer here, but I admit I could be wrong

Dice, no offense, but the guy's under no obligation to answer to you or your "challenge."

Again, can we hold off roasting the guy until at least he gets a lawyer to review his case? I don't think anyone's awarding a prize for being the first to out a scammer here, but I admit I could be wrong

You are correct. He's not. And I probably was a little overbearing calling him names.

But did you notice how he got a quick case of laryngitis? :gossip:

My opinion stands.

Well, good morning.

Yesterday, I requested a lawyer's opinion here because a friend of mine at CPG forum, Boboset, advised me to do so. He thought this forum might have somebody more familiar with sticky grading situations than at the CPG forum. I guess he also must have thought that this board would be more supportive than what I've read today.

I've made my request at the top of this thread and, thank you to "Sal" and "The_Boys", now I'm waiting for the two collector's with legal experience to PM me back.

I can't say I'm sorry for not following through with the "challenge." Being called names with snide remarks may work on children but I'm an adult. If someone wants something earn my respect and ask like a grown up. Otherwise, you're a waste of my time and energy.

Those that have seen the video can tell from my other video entries that the majority of what I do put up are from my youth theatre group. There is only one comic related video there and it's set to "private." I put the "removal from the slab" on Youtube to save in case I had to have a lawyer view it and it helps to have a back up off my main computer. Putting videos to Youtube from my computer is an all day event. I have four slab releases left on video out of six video documented. These four though saved to my hard drive require an entire day to upload to Youtube. And, like many of you I have a weekend of activities and obligations to fulfill.

(BTW: Once I sell a book the video of that book becomes useless to me and is promptly deleted.)

And now I find myself justifying my practices and giving the jeers of this thread more amunition. Oh, well. I have to accept that some people are cynics and, worst off, others are bullies.

"The Shadow Knows" and "Domo Arigato" thank you. You both recall correctly my ordeal with PGX on the Donald Duck encapsulation.

I have a breakfast fundraiser at the Elk's Lodge to attend and a Christmas tree lighting cerimony to emcee. I'll check back later.

To the rest of you who have been supportive thank you.

Maybe we all should give this guy a chance.If any really knew Dan Patterson you would also know the possibility of a mess up is high.

I can't believe that I'll actually agree with you.

Good luck, Dan. I'm certainly no fan of PGX, but I'm not feeling a lot of comfort in your tale.

However, I'll reserve judgment until the poo has landed firmly back on your face.

:foryou:

very adult response without name calling or swearing!!!! never dealt with pgx (apart from trying to sell one on here bout a year ago and having rules and regulations rammed down my throat lol) so i can't coment on their professionalism. its clear however, either way, their in a bit of a hole with this one.

You seem like a very underhanded individual.

Tell me...how would you define 'underhanded'? (shrug)

For example, would you consider this scenario to be 'underhanded'?

Person buys slabbed book that has damage & cause fully disclosed...

...for $35

But then tries to sell it for almost four times that amount...

...without anything like the same level of disclosure.

Is this acceptable or 'underhanded'? hm

...for $35

OUCH, but in his (slight) defense he does state "In my opnion this book was overgraded"

Otherwise, you're a waste of my time and energy.

You came to us with generalities and a vague explaination of your situation...we've been through krap before and we are a cautious bunch...

I myself think you whine a little too much and come off as a difficult individual...but that's just me... 2c

...for $35

Underacceptable?

:roflmao:

...for $35

:o

This is the best part of these forums. Makes one stick to the straight and narrow path.

...for $35

Acceptable.

I noted that I feel the book was overgraded, because I do think it is. If you don't like the way I do business, you can buy the book for $125 and put it in your own eBay store and do with it whatever you please. However, for people who make a career of being less than reprehensible, I am charging double sticker price. So, on second thought I'll offer it to you for $250. It's okay though...just use live.com. They'll give you a discount no matter how detestable you are.

As for this thread, the guy was passing judgement on someone who he had no evidence or backing to support such claims. Being outright rude to someone, when that person has done nothing to warrant attacks. He just signed up for the boards, so none of you even know anything about him.

so none of you even know anything about him.

Finally we have come to the crux of the matter...we know diddly about MagicDan yet we are supposed to buy his story hook, line and sinker...I don't think so...

Just because PGX is a notoriously krappy business does not mean that, by default, MagicDan is correct in his claims...

If you ask me...if someone has a book that you wanted to slab for either posterity or profit enhancement then why in the world wouldn't you send it to the most reputable slabbers in the business ie:CGC ???...