• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greggy got a strike!

416 posts in this topic

Captain Of Industry was right. People really do need to lighten up. I post a joke and now people have lost respect? I liked it better when Grinder was just posting graemlins, all this seriousness is ridculous. People cant even just come here and have a good time..
no doubt, whats wrong with everyone :cry:

Can we just have a photo shopped picture of Moses leading the jews ???? Greggy would obviously be moses.

Just passing along a message. One of the lurkers lost what ever respect he had for you after reading this rubbish.

I guess this is considered offensive? It was not meant to be, but was more of a movie reference as I dont follow religion. If this is considered a slap to somebodys beliefs I do apologise as I do not mean to degrade or make fun of anyones personal beliefs, and would NEVER knowingly try and do this.

Pat-

I think one of the biggest problems on these boards is the fact that people do not use the cardinal rule when dealing with someone else:

"If somebody offends you, go and tell them in private"

...and yes, arrest me lurker...that is a mosaic law.

:jokealert:

The first rule of peaceful co-existence is going to be open communication in any relationship.

If people continue to remain passive aggressive and lob graemlins and comments at each other in public for the sake of grandstanding there will be nothing productive because of the herd mentality that people take on.

I just went through a brutal time on the boards, not because in my own eyes I did something wrong but because of a misunderstanding. You now what? It could easily have been ended with a swift pm between me an the offended party. Instead I found out about it via 1/2 dozen other board members.

You know what? There are definitely cliques on here. This is going to continue to be a source of division for the boards.

Most people on here are not jerk offs. They are straight up an honest and open to admitting to crossing a line if they've offended someone...the problem is that often they are not given a chance...

Why was I not contacted about my error?

Why was resurrection not contacted about his faux pas?

Why do people find it so difficult to be open about truthful banter in private?

The only thing that can come out of truthful banter is good....and yet passive aggression, emotion and blurring of evidence continue undaunted.

If anyone wants this place to be better the best place to start is by being open...not by starting a pm with "Hey :censored: face, but rather by a "listen man, I don't want to get into it with you but I take offense to that" or something similar.

In any case, I'm getting ready for NYE and hope this all gets sorted out.

Nite all!

R.

Can we just have a photo shopped picture of Moses leading the jews ???? Greggy would obviously be moses.

Just passing along a message. One of the lurkers lost what ever respect he had for you after reading this rubbish.

I guess this is considered offensive? It was not meant to be, but was more of a movie reference as I dont follow religion. If this is considered a slap to somebodys beliefs I do apologise as I do not mean to degrade or make fun of anyones personal beliefs, and would NEVER knowingly try and do this.

Pat-

As a practicing Jewish woman I didn't find it offensive. (shrug)

Updated "I'm Joining Greggy on the Island of the Damned!" list:

nik - 25779 posts

DrWatson - 17694 posts

joeypost - 8732 posts

MCMiles - 3348 posts

arexcrooke - 17656 posts

cgcworld - 1903 posts

Once again, if I have missed your "I'm outta here!!" post, please advise so I can add your name to this illustrious list.

For me I have realized that we have an interesting social experiment going on. This is now a thread that has seperated the conformist against the compliant. A conformist is the person that goes along with the group no matter what. What matters most is what the people in the group are doing. The compliant are the ones who follow the direction of their superiors and go along with what they say no matter what. I personally am way more compliant than I am conformist so I will stay here because I believe in the moderating team here at CGC.

Also, I believe that the people who are striking are saying that it's OK what greggy did because he was making a very important statement. This maybe true, but rules are rules, and the moment we start allowing certain behavior because of some kind of "Important Statement" is where we create an atmosphere where certain people become above the rules, while certain others have to follow the rules to the very dot. In essence this board starts looking like animal farm. "All animals are equal, just some animals are more equal than others." If you break the rules you break the rules, and there can't be an exception because of some "Important Statement"

I think one of the biggest problems on these boards is the fact that people do not use the cardinal rule when dealing with someone else:

"If somebody offends you, go and tell them in private"

...and yes, arrest me lurker...that is a mosaic law.

:jokealert:

You know what? There are definitely cliques on here. This is going to continue to be a source of division for the boards.

Arcade. Proud member of 0 cliques. :)

Pat-

As a practicing Jewish woman I didn't find it offensive. (shrug)

Maybe it becomes offensive once you go pro....so keep on practicing.... lol

I hope my gripping about the large scans in the thread didn't doom greggy. :(

Nah, you go right on "gripping", Mr Hairy Palms. :insane:

Damn you and your high speed connections...

Couldn't fix it fast enough.

:frustrated:

:news:

I've been in contact with Greggy and Doc Watson as well. Neither one of

them want anything else to do with you either. Have a nice life.

This is another Email I received. Keep the hate mail coming (thumbs u

I refuse to do anything here other then have a good time. And if people who have never met me, been in contact with me dont want to associate with me... Well you never did (shrug)

:news:

I've been in contact with Greggy and Doc Watson as well. Neither one of

them want anything else to do with you either. Have a nice life.

This is another Email I received. Keep the hate mail coming (thumbs u

I refuse to do anything here other then have a good time. And if people who have never met me, been in contact with me dont want to associate with me... Well you never did (shrug)

Prove it! :sumo: