• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greggy got a strike!

416 posts in this topic

Your correct :grin:

Still a lurker more than a poster, but I lurk every day - sometimes I don't understand all the drama here, but even though I am on a Greggy thread - I am casting a vote for The Resurrection as he has always been decent to me. (any one notice the irony in "The Resurrection" name given the content for which he is receiving grief)

Also just wanted to reference the comments about contacting a board member directly if they offend or you think you may have offended - Shark and I had some light hearted banter in an earlier thread and he PMd me to say the intent wasn't to offend - while I was taking no offense (and told him so), I thought it was a super cool thing to do - and thanks again Shark (thumbs u- love my McFarlane signature by the way!

OK...seeing as it's a New Year and I've known Greggy on "The Boards" since there inception I think I should chime in with my feelings on this subject...

Still a lurker more than a poster, but I lurk every day - sometimes I don't understand all the drama here, but even though I am on a Greggy thread - I am casting a vote for The Resurrection as he has always been decent to me. (any one notice the irony in "The Resurrection" name given the content for which he is receiving grief)

Also just wanted to reference the comments about contacting a board member directly if they offend or you think you may have offended - Shark and I had some light hearted banter in an earlier thread and he PMd me to say the intent wasn't to offend - while I was taking no offense (and told him so), I thought it was a super cool thing to do - and thanks again Shark (thumbs u- love my McFarlane signature by the way!

Thanks Almoe. I try and be fair with everyone. And it is a mixture of things that got me in to this position. The moses saying as I did not mean it in any actual religius context, and made the refference thinking of Chralton Heston playing him.

The second is that I am not on any sides with this. I just really dont care. If I HAD tried to enter a thread and my computer froze because of someone playing a joke I assure you, I would not be speaking to that person again. Accidents happen, but intentionally doing that was uncalled for. But with that being said I think these boards can be take way too serious. Standing up for your friends is always admirable, so is supporting your friends. But I am the kind who picks and chooses battles. And this one was really not even a blip on the radar. Now if I may explain another fact.

On my shin is a tattoo of a skull with two baseball bats smashed through the it, making it almost look like a skull and crossbones. Across the top reads a banner that says this " Friends Come First". I would and ahve never left my friends to fight alone, I am always the guy taking the beating with them or giving the beating with them. I stand up for my friends, as I would never sit back and let harm come to anyone I care about while I could still stand with them. And I am the kind of person who treats friends like family, you need me I am there. But this is not a battle IMO. It was a small punishment for a bad deed. If my friend gets in trouble for insurance fraud would I demand the judge send me to jail with him???? No!! In this case you did the crime, and you deal with the punishment. But I will be there the day you leave, and be at the gates to meet you when you return. I dont protest, as I have always thought it silly and unproductive. But I do ACT. If I REALLY dont like you, it will be known. And I will let you know. And we can handle it from there.

Another is this. I am not racist, sexist, or a biggot. These are all traits I do NOT accept in others. This is america and anyone regardless of religion, color, sex, or creed is more then welcome to call it home. I will gladly stand and fight for the rights of another person at any time. And have been known to start fights over people being treated unfairly. So for me to be considered insensitive to someones beliefs is a SLAP in my face. I spent years in the lower east side of Manhattan, and have fought more wannabe Nazis then most people on these boards have just put up their fists because they were being attacked.

I am open to anyone on these boards. I try and be light hearted and fun. Do I say stupid things, yes? If you dont, bless your heart. But if anyone ever came to me wanting to vent, or just talk. I would be there. I treat the people here as my equals, and try to make newcomers welcome. Its what I do. As far as this board drama goes. I try not to put much stock in it, sometimes we get in trouble for something we believe to be right. Sometimes we get in trouble for doing something we know is wrong. But for the most part this is a great community, with volumes of knowledge. And I have met a decent portion of people here, and for the most part you are all good guys.

So Happy New Year! May it be better then the last, and may the one after be better!

Pat-

I voted "dork" in the poll thread.

Sure, the thread in question had long outlived it's original purpose. But people still enjoyed posting there, so good for them. I even enjoyed reading the posts, wondering where things would go next. Plus the posts were being confined there rather than having lots of new threads created, so it could be viewed as serving a useful purpose.

For greggy to unilaterally try to shut down the thread in the manner he did because he didn't like the posts, or the way postings in general were going, was wrong. That action had to be addressed by the mods; otherwise, that would set precedence for similar actions to be conducted anytime someone doesn't like certain threads or posts.

That McFarlane signature sucks and you know it! :roflmao: (just kidding) :grin:

Thanks for the comments. :blush: I really do appreciate you saying that. I thought I had made an enemy on here and it ends up we're buddies instead. (thumbs u

Nik - I'd like for you to reconsider your decision to postpone the grading contest for a week. I understand that you (and many other guys here on the boards) are friends of Greggy's. I'm neither friend nor foe as I don't really know him that well. But don't take it out on the rest of us in the grading contest because you're pissed about the strike against Greggy.

Let me give you an example: Imagine you're a kid and you're playing baseball with your buddies. It's the bottom of the 9th and the teams are tied 4-4. All of a sudden your sister yells something at you and pisses you off. So you get mad (AT HER) and storm off the field. Both teams are standing there wondering what the hell is going on but they can't finish the game without you.

See what I mean? Hey, I'm all for you being ticked off at the mods if that's the way you feel. But take it out on THEM - not US. The grading contest is supposed to be FUN and to test our grading skills. I look forward to the next round whether I sucked at the previous guess or not. It's definitely a good learning experience.

So don't make a mountain out of a molehill and start the contest up again. Pretty please? :grin:

Shark

This is Canada where I am. 2c

Andy

I thought about that afterwards. But for the most part I like to pretend that we have an open minded group here, and dont look down upon others for religious beliefs, color of skin etc.. I mean those war book collectors though... :foryou:

Nik - I'd like for you to reconsider your decision to postpone the grading contest for a week. I understand that you (and many other guys here on the boards) are friends of Greggy's.

I'll state here and now that I think Nik is one of the coolest guys on the boards, and he's always been straight-up with me, and (with all due respect) is probably one of the few I'd like to have a beer with.

That said, this FDQ stuff he and others are pulling is BS.

Nik - I'd like for you to reconsider your decision to postpone the grading contest for a week. I understand that you (and many other guys here on the boards) are friends of Greggy's.

I'll state here and now that I think Nik is one of the coolest guys on the boards, and he's always been straight-up with me, and (with all due respect) is probably one of the few I'd like to have a beer with.

I agree on both counts.

This is Canada where I am. 2c

Andy

I thought about that afterwards. But for the most part I like to pretend that we have an open minded group here, and dont look down upon others for religious beliefs, color of skin etc.. I mean those war book collectors though... :foryou:

:foryou:

Dude, you wouldn't have a beer with me? (Although I prefer Vodka :luhv:)