• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,699 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2021 at 6:54 AM, Wolverinex said:

If I bought 1000 Bitcoins when it was $0.25 and now I'm worth millions yes

You don't even have to do that...  NFT market is hot this year, with a few like BAYC hitting massive success, and have only been minted in the past 5 months .  Lowest price right now for floor apes (commons) is $145K, up to 2M for rares, with a total of 10K were minted (I think each was first offered at 0.08 ETH, or $250-ish ).  It's a bubble no doubt, but damn is it interesting to see it explode to such HUGE levels (for blue chips like BAYC, Punks, Gutter Gang, VeeFriends, etc..) - see the recent Sotheby's auction to see how mainstream this has become - https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2021/ape-in/101-bored-ape-yacht-club

Edited by kaylab

I just saw this update on Mirage's website:

September, 2021

Mirage Studios sold the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles intellectual property to Viacom/Nickelodeon in October 2009 and, after winding down business affairs over the last dozen years, the four Mirage corporations (Mirage Studios, Inc., Mirage Licensing, Inc., Mirage Publishing, Inc., and Mirage Management, Inc.) were dissolved in 2021. Mirage is no longer conducting any merchandise sales, either directly through this site or via eBay as of September 19th, 2021. This site will no longer be updated and is being maintained primarily as an archival resource related to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics published by Mirage between the years 1984 and 2010. While Mirage has gone out of existence, thanks to you, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will live on forever. Thank you all for your years of support. It has been a pleasure sharing the Turtles’ story and universe with you. Cowabunga!

Not surprised but it's still kind of a downer. End of an era. I've bought pieces of their back stock here and there over the years. I wonder what they will do with whatever was remaining in their warehouse. 

This does underscore how unlikely it is that Pete ever does a signing for CGC. He has simply moved on from TMNT. 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:19 PM, Ryan. said:

Not surprised but it's still kind of a downer. End of an era. I've bought pieces of their back stock here and there over the years. I wonder what they will do with whatever was remaining in their warehouse. 

This does underscore how unlikely it is that Pete ever does a signing for CGC. He has simply moved on from TMNT. 

Yep I feel the same way :( I find it somewhat ironic that Mirage dissolves at a time when interest in TMNT is at an all time high

Sad to see them go even though they haven’t published comics in years. For its original namesake, being named “Mirage” because of the fact they weren’t an “actual” studio.. 37 years is a good run. I suspect any of their remaining stock will go for sale on Eastman’s site.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:19 AM, Ryan. said:

I wonder what they will do with whatever was remaining in their warehouse. 

Any idea how many TMNT 1 first print would be left in their stock and if they will finally be willing to blow them out at below wholesale prices just to get rid of them after all these many long decades?  lol  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

On 9/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, with that many left and still unable to move them out after all these decades, they better be offering free shipping if they really do want to get rid of them.  lol  :takeit:

I've always been good with Peter Laird, I really aughtabe first in line :) 

On 9/24/2021 at 11:03 AM, sorrenmj said:

Haha! I've been very chatty chatty! I should try land me a copy of issue #1 first print before I reach 3,000 posts!

If you can then you should the end lol:tink: 

I would, possibly, if I could!

On 9/26/2021 at 7:47 AM, Ozonetv said:

Had to share some OA I picked up at an estate sale a few months back...from #4 & #7 (second prints). It was part of a larger collection that went to Heritage

Very cool  to see a duotone, a technique which isn't around anymore...

nfs

IMG_2338.thumb.JPG.60f45647e7a120e0cfc20c4c4b819d35.JPGIMG_2336.thumb.JPG.a2b22ecacc77193739597fe0f5eaa9df.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

Damn......😲